The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

• Admin

Manchester United have dropped a place to third in the Deloitte rich list behind Real Madrid and Barcelona but could claim the No1 position next year for the first time in more than a decade, according to the company. United’s revenue of €519.5m (£395.2m) for 2014-15 broke the half a billion euro barrier for a second consecutive season. A record nine Premier League clubs are placed in the top 20, generating €3bn between them, with West Ham United a new entry.

The Deloitte money list 2014-15.

I woke up, checked my phone and there was an email that the podcast had followed me on twitter. Thought that was pretty cool and went to twitter and found they'd blocked me. So within the space of 3 hours they'd followed and blocked me.

As for why, I can only assume it's the tweet I sent them a few days ago, saying that I was surprised at the positive nature of the last episode and that even Mr Negative (the host that has been doom and gloom for our chances virtually all season and the other hosts usually have a lot of fun in mocking him) now says we'll scrape into 4th. I finished by saying that I'd need to see more from the team before I'd go that far. Maybe they were reminded of that tweet when they followed me this morning and saw it on my profile and were then like "Oh it's THIS guy, well fuck him!" :P

I wasn't trying to have a shot at them or anything I was genuinely curious as to the change of tone(especially from a podcast that in recent times had either been struggling to get enthusiastic about the team to outright calling for Van Gaal's sacking-although to be fair in the podcast before last improved form had turned the other hosts around but the negative one was still calling for Van Gaal's head) because even though it was 2 wins and a draw I thought struggling against a lower division side, drawing with a relegation threatened side and stealing a victory against Liverpool(as sweet as it was to do so :wub:) they'd be like "Okay we mostly got the results we wanted but there's a lot of work still to be done." and instead they were all now Top 4 this and top 4 that.

Again to be fair, I'm probably overstating the positivity a touch. I mean they all pretty much still predicted draws against Southampton and it's not like even the most positive of the hosts thought we'd really finish any higher than 4th(they did laugh at Van Gaal supposedly suggesting winning the league) but it was still somewhat strange to me how easily they turned from "Surely Van Gaal has to go? We'll struggle to finish top 4!" to "He can stay to at least the end of the season now. We'll easily finish top 4" over 2 podcasts.

And as for the guy that always moaned he's gone from "Sack Van Gaal, we're playing shit and we're boring and wont get anywhere near top 4" To "He may as well stay to the end of the season now and we'll scrape into the top 4" over just 1 podcast.

Anyway, on a different note, I found out today that the host of Man vs Food is a Spurs fan. Seems pretty passionate about them to. Didn't really expect that.

Firmino 1-0, nice little move down the left handside.

We've been on the back foot for the opening 20 but hopefully we can grow into the game more after that goal. 

What's that? We failed to clear a corner and conceded? I have not seen that at all this year.

Useless bellends. 

I honestly thought Allen should have started alongside Benteke. Norwich are crap at defending crosses but at the same time we hardly whip in any balls cause we try and dance around with the ball around the box, cut in and run into a brick wall of defenders each and every time.

So frustrating watching us play. 

The main issue I see when Liverpool are attacking is nobody gets into the box a lot of the time. Maybe Benteke up front with Firmino might help.

But it must be really demoralizing being a Liverpool attacking player when you can't trust your defense to do actually do it's job - and a lot of it comes probably from Mingolet's erratic goalkeeping. Sometimes he's sweeping up and coming for everything. Sometimes he won't come off the line at all. My hope for the future is Liverpool buy another keeper and Mingolet actually has to some competition. Or Danny Ward turns out to be amazing and Mingolet drops to the bench.

I could see Caulker coming on in the second half to actually play in defense. I mean, he's tall and can head things apparently. Although it doesn't help if Mingolet refuses to come off his line to claim anything from crosses.

What a stupid thing for Moreno to do.

3-1.

Hendo! 3-2

We've had the box issue for a long time and not getting numbers in. There's always a lack of people in the box. 

The squad is unbalanced and really needs addressing hopefully instead of signing a number of players we can sign two or three players for key areas.