The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

It annoys me so much that Swansea have gone so far backwards in a season where momentum matters so much with the television money about to kick in. West Ham and Leicester have become attractive clubs and could become mainstays in the top six for years to come. Meanwhile the allure of Swansea that allowed Monk to sign the likes of Fernandez and Ayew is gone, so the quality of signings will decline despite the influx of cash.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

It annoys me so much that Swansea have gone so far backwards in a season where momentum matters so much with the television money about to kick in. West Ham and Leicester have become attractive clubs and could become mainstays in the top six for years to come. Meanwhile the allure of Swansea that allowed Monk to sign the likes of Fernandez and Ayew is gone, so the quality of signings will decline despite the influx of cash.

The allure isn't gone. As long as you finish 17th or above the attraction of investment and signings in a Premier League team will be there. The jump in tv money is going to be that high.

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

It annoys you? Try being an Aston Villa fan.

• Like 2

For once, I think the award winners including the team of the year are fully deserved. Mahrez edges Vardy for me, but the fact I'd have them and Kante top three says it all. They are a superb, efficient machine all as one. A true team.

On 22/04/2016 at 16:37, MDK said:

Dilly ding dong doodley? Was he plastered? He should keep up his shtick of saying how they aren't favourites until next season. For a laugh.

It's a thing he does. He rings an imaginary bell to wake up/motivate the players in training, "dilly ding, dilly dong" is the sound of him ringing the bell.

I've had it as my text message tone for a few months :shifty:

17 hours ago, Part-Time Davidmarrio said:

Everyone jumping on the Leicester bandwagon.  Bloody glory hunters :shifty:

There's room for everyone :wub:

Even if Spurs manage to overtake us, I'll be delighted. Someone new has won the Premier League, and in addition neither of which are because they've spent shed loads of money, it's a fantastic moment for football in general.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Even if Spurs manage to overtake us, I'll be delighted. Someone new has won the Premier League, and in addition neither of which are because they've spent shed loads of money, it's a fantastic moment for football in general.

I mean, Leicester's squad cost 72m to assemble, so fair enough, but Spurs have spent 231m on their current team.

Spurs spent £169m according to this, which makes them sixth most expensive squad, but that's a figure I wouldn't call "shed loads", not for title challengers.

I'm guessing you mistook euros for pounds with the 231m amount as that is listed here.

EDIT: Just realised you didn't note it was in pounds, but "72m" and "231m" are generally understood as pounds when we're talking British football so screw you guys :shifty: 

13 minutes ago, Nerf said:

I mean, Leicester's squad cost 72m to assemble, so fair enough, but Spurs have spent 231m on their current team.

Think we're also the only team to make a profit in the transfer market over the last five years, though. I think that's pretty remarkable. 

Agreed on all awards deserved, Mahrez has been phenomenal and fully deserves the award. Leicester fully deserve the league, but we'll see! 

Also off to White Hart Lane with Lineker tonight to watch us against West Brom. The last time I was at Lane? We lost 1-0 to West Brom. I'm sure that's a good omen. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Benji said:

It's a thing he does. He rings an imaginary bell to wake up/motivate the players in training, "dilly ding, dilly dong" is the sound of him ringing the bell.

I've had it as my text message tone for a few months :shifty:

There's room for everyone :wub:

I'm glad someone new is winning it and I'm glad it's a completely random team that's come from nowhere really.

It also shows what a great team can do rather than a team of great players. With the right manager and a clear identity and game plan, this season shows that you just never know where it might take you. 

• Like 2

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Think we're also the only team to make a profit in the transfer market over the last five years, though. I think that's pretty remarkable. 

Agreed on all awards deserved, Mahrez has been phenomenal and fully deserves the award. Leicester fully deserve the league, but we'll see! 

Also off to White Hart Lane with Lineker tonight to watch us against West Brom. The last time I was at Lane? We lost 1-0 to West Brom. I'm sure that's a good omen. 

Why would you tell me this ON THE DAY you git!

• Like 3

Spurs will win tonight, comfortably, by two or three goals. Running out of games to catch Leicester, mind, but I honestly think United will get SOMETHING from the game next Sunday. Quietly confident of a win, but after a couple of good performances, it means we're due a shit one.

• Like 1