UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Lineker

You could show films on that fivehead

Holy shit this penalty shootout is tense 

Somebody check to see if Torres has a heartbeat. That was stone cold.

Bloody hell. I didn't even care about this match, but that had my arsehole flapping like a sail in the breeze.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rocky Horror Szumi Show said:

Those were some dramatic pens. No clue how Zoet didn't keep out Saul's effort. He got two hands on it!

Clearly he has an appreciation for the dramatic.

2 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

City making it to the quarters is good for English qualifying points and good for everyone else's push for title/top four.

I feel happy for them that they finally made it to the Champions League quarters for the first time just 4 years after us.

Oddly enough City going through might just help Man United have a chance at qualifying for the champions league over the next couple of years. I think Italy are running short on teams left in Europe.

19 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

Iwobi starts!! :D

Flamini starts!! <_<

Pretty much my exact reaction. If I thought we could be anyway competitive I'd have rather had Campbell on than Iwobi, but it'll be a great bit of experience for him. Really good to see Koscielny back as well.

I'd like to say we'll make a game of it but eh. We've beaten Bayern, we've beaten City, beaten Leicester. We're capable of beating Barca, if we play our absolute best, but I'm not holding my breath :shifty:

7 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I'd like to say we'll make a game of it but eh. We've beaten Bayern, we've beaten City, beaten Leicester. We're capable of beating Barca, if we play our absolute best, but I'm not holding my breath :shifty:

I just love that you have that much hope and faith. It really gives me faith in humanity.

• Like 1

Orient played Arsenal in the FA Cup many, many years ago. We somehow bagged a 1-1 draw at Brisbane Road giving us a replay at The Emirates. It feels like Arsenal are the Orient in this situation. We got tonked 5-0. Even Nicky Bentner scored that night. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MDK said:

Orient played Arsenal in the FA Cup many, many years ago. We somehow bagged a 1-1 draw at Brisbane Road giving us a replay at The Emirates. It feels like Arsenal are the Orient in this situation. We got tonked 5-0. Even Nicky Bentner scored that night. 

If I remember right, Sebastien Squillaci and Ignasi Miquel were out centre backs in that first game. What a horrible game it was.

• Like 1

I know they've gone wide but I'm really happy to see Arsenal take some fucking lonh shots for once. Get Sanchez behind one and it could be fun.

Yep there it is.

3 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

If I remember right, Sebastien Squillaci and Ignasi Miquel were out centre backs in that first game. What a horrible game it was.

Yeah! That is probably why Jonathan Tehoue scored that night. He knocked it past both of them and squeezed it past Almunia? maybe? I forget. I just know that I lost my voice cheering that night.