Euro 2016

Lineker

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

He is one of the two best players in the world, and arguably one of the best ever. Of course he's going to get more attention than anyone wants him to.

There's attention, then there's Ronaldo attention. And if that guy eye-fucks the camera any harder, he's going to be in for a surprise in nine months. Not even Messi is such a horndog for the spotlight, but the camera looks for Ronaldo just as much as he looks for the camera, and after a tournament of him being more miss than hit, I have grown extremely weary of everyone jizzing their pants about how glorious Ronaldo is at every single thing he did.

Renato Sanchez scored and Nani assisted, but instead of giving the kid the spotlight, they mostly jam the picture onto Ronaldo to see how he reacted to the goal. His mere presence on a football pitch is toxic towards tv coverage.

And I get that the best football players get more attention, but they sure as hell weren't zooming in on Robert Lewandowski every single time someone did something. Nor does it happen to any other player in the entire tournament whether it's Icy McIcehole from Iceland, Gareth Bale, or Pogba.

• Like 2

It's not really Ronaldo's fault though is it if the match director cuts to the camera that is specifically trailing him for 90 minutes is it?

• Like 3

Don't take my sheep
Please don't take my sheep
I just don't wanna see the wife
I wanna stay in France
And shag all your lambs
Please don't, please don't take my sheep

• Like 1