Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

Stupid thing for someone of his experience to do but I can understand why he'd do it, if Mings had connected fully with that stamp it could have been a horrific injury. 

Switched over to MUTV (because I'd rather their half time analysis than sbs's). Bojan pretty much said the same as you, that Mings did a bad football thing but Ibra's experienced enough to know better than to react as he did.

I only briefly saw the stamp in a replay was he actually looking at him when he did it? Because he should be getting some retrospective punishment for that. A bad tackle is one thing but stamping on someone, especially the head, is completely fucking stupid. Its like that Dembele eyepoke, it has no part in the game and should be harshly punished. The elbow on the other hand, or arm, while dirty I understand why he threw it and I'd have done the same.

I don't blame Zlatan. I'd do the same...but unfortunately you can't do it. He should be off and Mings should be off as well. 

I don't feel like Surman should be off though. 

The officials have fucked up some big decisions in this match. 

• Like 1

What's even stranger is that in a weird way the right result has played out with Bournemouth down to 10, it's just the fact that Surnam doesn't really deserve a booking for either instance!

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

I don't blame Zlatan. I'd do the same...but unfortunately you can't do it. He should be off and Mings should be off as well. 

Oh yeah, you cant do it, but we all understand why he did it.

I think that penalty save is fair considering imo that was a harsh penalty due to the closeness of Pogba and Smith plus I think that's a pretty natural body position considering he was jumping.  

Kevin Friend is awful.  Worst performance by a ref in a long time. There's a player down with a head injury, you're meant to stop play instead of looking at him and going "ah well lol"

This is a fantastic bastard performance by Bournemouth though. 

• Like 2