Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

2 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

A part of me always celebrates the day in a season when we're safe again.

I don't think we'll be celebrating st totteringhams day this year :(

• Like 2

• Admin

Wembley next year will be a very tough test. That is a big concern I have. 

I was looking earlier - I think Everton's first goal today was the first one we've conceded at home in the league since December. Impressive.

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Spurs fans on here haven't really moaned on here for a long while I don't think. We're in a tremendous state right now.

I always wanna moan about the lack of Lamela, his absence is killing me :(

• Like 2

The Mayor of London has given approval to plans for Chelsea to build a new £500m stadium.

The Premier League leaders will build on the site of their existing Stamford Bridge ground, increasing the capacity by 18,400 seats to 60,000

Chelsea's proposal was unanimously agreed by Hammersmith and Fulham Council's planning committee in January.

"I'm confident this new stadium will be a jewel in London's sporting crown and will attract visitors and football fans from around the world," said London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

Ask a silly question, but did Bailly sit out Saturday due to his sending off in Europe? That can't be right can it?

Trying to work out whether bringing Jones or Shaw into my fantasy team is a good idea...

Tsk. That late goal annoys me.

I mean, everybody was having a magnificent time watching West Ham slowly suffocate (the true pastime of kings), and that just had to come along and leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Oh well. Eleven games left. (H)

2 hours ago, MDK said:

This season has been boring. The only thing that will make this enjoyable is if somehow Spurs still manage to finish 3rd behind Arsenal and Chelsea.

I'd honestly be very pleased with 3rd. 

We're only 6 points ahead of Arsenal and they've got a game in hand. And they're about to go on a good run like they always do as soon as they're out of the CL :(

• Like 1

Honestly, any three of the top 6 could finish in the places behind Chelsea. I had a feeling Spurs would sneak back in before all was said and done, but didn't have United down to have a resurgence like this. It's so fucking tight. Is this the first season since 'Top 6' became a thing that there's actually been a genuine Top 6 fighting it out evenly?

10 minutes ago, Tetsuya Nerfo said:

Honestly, any three of the top 6 could finish in the places behind Chelsea. I had a feeling Spurs would sneak back in before all was said and done, but didn't have United down to have a resurgence like this. It's so fucking tight. Is this the first season since 'Top 6' became a thing that there's actually been a genuine Top 6 fighting it out evenly?

I mean, I get what you're saying but Chelsea are far and away clear of the other 5. To me this season hasn't been nearly as good as some previous, especially not last year where there were genuinely 3/4 teams still in with a shot at the title by the end of February.

Spurs have probably got the easiest fixtures of the chasing pack*, so unless they turn their Spurs-ness up to 11 they should finish in the top 3 I think. Them and Man City, maybe? Then Arsenal in 4th because Arsenal.

* - technically I would say Liverpool have the easiest fixtures, but those are the ones they love to cock up so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯