UEFA Champions League 2016/17

DFF

Ah, Monaco. Been there, done that. Would have loved Copenhagen, Legia, or Celctic for something new but this is a waaaaaay better group than I was expecting.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Ideally then you want to avoid the trips to eastern Europe and places like Turkey and Croatia. 

So Celtic or Copenhagen out of pot 4, Brugge or Sporting in pot 3 and pot 2 there isn't really an easy team...Sevilla might be a good choice only because of the high volume of players leaving and joining the team and a change in management. 

I think that could very well be a group that you'd expect to qualify from and possibly even top if you can get a result against the team from pot 2. 

I knew Leicester would get Brugge and Copenhagen. <_< They've got the best group to could hope for really. They should qualify. 

Spurs have a tricky group. I wouldn't be made up with an away trip to Russia and a tough game against Leverkusen.  Still think they'll qualify but it won't be easy

City getting Barca is typically really. Again should get through but Gladbach could cause some issues. 

Arsenal should qualify but Basel will be tricky and I'm having flashbacks of Ludogorets. 

All four English teams won't top the group. I reckon Leicester and Arsenal will with Spurs and City finishing second. 

Group B looks fun, any of those teams could go thru. Celtic will have to perform miracles to get out of theirs. Reckon all the EPL teams can progress.

I can't remember, do they already have the next round sorted, like winner A vs Runner up B? Or is it seeded again? FA Cup style draws are fun.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

So... when's the earliest we can potentially face Atletico? :shifty:

Second round, it's a random draw bar clubs from the same nation to the best of my knowledge, so long as you finish in different qualifying positions. So if you can win the group, and Atleti finish 2nd, it's a possibility.

I think all the English teams got good draws, City aside but even then they should get through. I think considering the alternatives Spurs should be very pleased with that group as a third seed.

• Like 2

• Admin

Europe's top four domestic leagues - England, Germany, Italy and Spain - are to be guaranteed four places each in the group stages of the Champions League from the 2018-19 season.

Under the current system, England, Germany and Spain have three places each while their fourth-placed teams must contest a play-off over two legs for a place in the group phase.

Italy has only two guaranteed places, plus one in the play-off round.