FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

3 hours ago, Switzerlineker said:

There is a cloud hanging over this World Cup and Fifa must not ignore it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/04/cloud-hanging-world-cup-fifa-england-colombia

Good Guardian article of shithousery. 

That is good. Nice to see Neymar getting singled out. I don't think I've ever seen a game with him involved where his behaviour hasn't been pathetic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Cork vs Shamrock Rovers on Friday.

That'll actually be a decent game.🙄

2nd vs 4th and featuring reigning double champions and soon to be Champions League participants Cork City. It also will likely see Damien Delaney make his  debut on his return home to Cork! Much watch stuff that.

I just saw the referees assigned to the quarter finals. How is it okay for an argentinian ref to direct the game of France - Uruguay after France kicked out Argentina the round before?

Even the fairest and most integer referee on the planet, there will be people doubting his every decision against France.

Shouldn't FIFA look to avoid such things?

3 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

Goes to show how horribly we've been run.

It also shows you how shit Italy, Germany and Spain are as well, but it is a fun stat

1 minute ago, PolaMDK said:

It also shows you how shit Italy, Germany and Spain are as well, but it is a fun stat

Toivonen was absolutely woeful, best thing he did was get injured for Defoe to come on and score THAT goal against Newcastle.

That stat really means fuck all seeing as none of Italy, Germany and Spain are in the quarter finals and it's not even current players they're counting.

I bet half of them came from single season loan spells from Champions League clubs too. In that logic Harry Kane counts a Leyton Orient player.

He was born in Walthamstow but he was made in the Royal Navy Leyton Orient.

• Like 3