FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

10 hours ago, Switzerlineker said:

This goalie has definitely earned himself a transfer somewhere. 

What a performance by Iceland.

I mean, he's 34, a part-time film director and was their goalie at the Euros too so probably not. After that tournament he moved to the mighty Randers in Denmark.

It was a fantastic performance though, he studied Messi's previous penalties and his own previous penalties to see how the takers viewed him before they took it. Due diligence paying off big time.

I'm full of VAR questions at the moment. All goals are reviewed, is that just by the VAR lads, or does the match ref check the screen too? I've been trying to see but if it's happening it's happening during replays. 

10 hours ago, PolaMDK said:

Long ball up to the big man, nods it down to Jamie Brexit Vardy, he scores and Brussels explodes into a thousand cod and chips.

Why would they explode in to inferior fish and chips?

41 minutes ago, Official Collyombia said:

I'm full of VAR questions at the moment. All goals are reviewed, is that just by the VAR lads, or does the match ref check the screen too? I've been trying to see but if it's happening it's happening during replays. 

Just the VAR guys as far as I'm aware. The ref only goes over to the screen when they flag something up, because he gets the final say on everything. So if they spot a foul in the run up to the goal that they think the ref spotted, they'd tell him and he'd look at the screen to make the decision. 

Also, that game was boring last night. Nigeria were shit and Croatia weren't much better, but did enough.