FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Official Collyombia said:

What's this shit? The ref just stops the game while it's in play? 

Exactly like he is supposed to if flagged by the VAR official

• Like 1

I'm just surprised, I'd seen no mention of that in any of the briefings and that's always been my biggest misgiving of the system. I still think there's issues in terms of clarification of how far you can go back (if there's a foul two minutes before a goal is it disallowed?) and the "clear error" thing that was perfectly applied for the Costa goal but debatable for the France pen, but otherwise I'm far more positive about it. Still feel there's an odd incentive for refs to just go "VAR will sort it", but as long as it's done right (and sparingly) that shouldn't be a big issue. 

Didn't see the earlier game but how is miserable fuck Lawro saying that's not a penalty to France?

Forgot his Belinda Wipes so he's more surly than usual. 

The thing I don't get is why the ref had to wait until the balls in a "neutral" location as the commentator stated? I could understand it if that was the point they started the VAR review, but surely the penalty decision had been made by the lads in the truck by that point, so it wouldn't even have mattered if someone was in on goal?