FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

3 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

when I heard VAR was a thing this year I was worried that they might stop play dead for five fuckin minutes like the NFL did but thank fuck they ain got time for that shit.

tho maybe cuz im on meds but that really seemed like a 50/50 call to me from the angle on the reply. more shitty timing than actually neglecting to play the ball.

You can give penalties for shitty timing. 

Just now, Liam said:

You can give penalties for shitty timing. 

So it is the meds then. Think I'll DVR next match then

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Ronaldo has won trophies in every single place he has played at club and international level, he has dragged Portugal to a Euro Championships, he has led Real Madrid to 3 consecutive European Cups, he continues to do this every year and the guy is 33 years old and shows very few signs of slowing down with a longevity of playing at the very top level of football for at least 15 years, which neither Maradona or Pele did.  If he isn't at least in the conversation as the GOAT alongside the likes of Pele and Maradona and yes, Messi, then I don't know what crack you smoking, especially when you so glibly can just go "Nah neither are the best"

I’m not really that convinced about him “dragging” Portugal to the European Championship really. I know that sounds like I’m just looking for reasons to discredit him or something but I don’t think he scored any particularly key goals in that tournament. They finished 3rd in a group with Hungary, Iceland and Austria. Quaresma scored the extra time winner against Croatia, went through on penalties against Poland, beat Wales then beat France in extra time when Ronaldo wasn’t even playing most of the match. Nani scored just as much as him in that tournament.

I don’t think it changes his standing or anything cause I don’t really value international competitions as the be all end all in deciding a legacy anyway, but yeah.

Love how Phil Neville is actually so boring he’s even making the cameras fall asleep.

1-1!

Also, in America, Volkswagen is running a series of ads that make me wish there were 32 of them: https://www.adweek.com/creativity/volkswagen-invites-benched-u-s-soccer-fans-to-jump-on-the-wagen-for-a-new-world-cup-team/

1 minute ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Also, in America, Volkswagen is running a series of ads that make me wish there were 32 of them: https://www.adweek.com/creativity/volkswagen-invites-benched-u-s-soccer-fans-to-jump-on-the-wagen-for-a-new-world-cup-team/

This link actually has one of the ads: http://creativity-online.com/work/volkswagen-jump-on-the-wagen/54786