UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

27 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Oh absolutely. But it's annoying to see Messi given so much space when at OT he barely influenced the game.  

Mike Smalling hasn't reduced him yet.

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Yeah, might have offered Ole that contract a bit premature

Only so much you can do with that squad. It has its obvious limitations and Barcelona are one of the very best teams in the world.

A Barcelona v Liverpool semi final would be great. Ajax v Spurs would be a top surprise too. Halfway there!

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

To put it into perspective, aside from Cillessen on the Barca bench, all 6 of their subs would more than likely walk into our 11 and improve it.

Umtiti, Malcom, Vidal, Semedo, Alena and Dembele. It's not bad, is it?

I'd say that's worrying given 5 of that 6 played at the weekend and failed to beat (or even score against) bottom of the league Huesca.

Yes. I had them in my acca.

See the rest of the team? There were youngsters I hadn't even heard of there. 

But I'm not being hyperbolic. Umtiti and Semedo would walk into our back 4. Vidal and Alena would get in a midfield that I'm not even sure Ole knows is his best yet, plus Herrera and Mata will be off in the summer more than likely, then there's Malcom and Dembele who'd get into our very inconsistent front three. 

I'm sure there'll be plenty of changes over the summer. A mate was telling me that we had Young, Smalling and Jones in Fergie's side that lost to Basel and went out at the group stage back in 2011 or 12. Says it all really. 

I hope Tottenham are prepared for a frightening non sold out Etihad with fans being given shite shiny plastic flags in an attempt to create some form of atmosphere... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

See the rest of the team? There were youngsters I hadn't even heard of there. 

But I'm not being hyperbolic. Umtiti and Semedo would walk into our back 4. Vidal and Alena would get in a midfield that I'm not even sure Ole knows is his best yet, plus Herrera and Mata will be off in the summer more than likely, then there's Malcom and Dembele who'd get into our very inconsistent front three. 

I'm sure there'll be plenty of changes over the summer. A mate was telling me that we had Young, Smalling and Jones in Fergie's side that lost to Basel and went out at the group stage back in 2011 or 12. Says it all really.

Don’t forget they all have signed new deals...:lol:

If you're going to the Nou Camp with your best centre back at right back, two centre backs who if they moved to Watford, you wouldn't bat an eyelid and a converted right winger at left back, you're going to have a bad night.

A moment that baffled me. 

Coutinho's goal. Surely people at the club would be aware from the time he spent at Liverpool. Don't let him cut in from the left onto his right foot and let him shoot. Instead they backed off him and allowed him to do the thing he's good at. 

United really need to gut the squad. It'll take a few seasons but most of that squad is bollocks with a few really good players scattered in. 

• Like 1