Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

3 hours ago, Adam said:

City are surely out of the title race now? 14 points is an awful lot to make up st any stage of the season, and we're nearly halfway there now.

Shut up! No they're not stop it!!! I'm not having you jinx it :(

• Like 1

I honestly don't think Liverpool even drop 14 points for the rest of the season, so I think even if City win every single game then they still don't catch them.

I also feel don't Leicester have enough to sustain the chase either so it's as good as over for me.

Also the Premier League TV rights is a joke. I'd happily pay to watch the Newcastle match today yet there's literally no way for me to legally do so. Something really has to give soon. We're paying insane money to watch football and only getting a % of the games we want. 

• Like 1

While I trust Klopp to be able to keep the focus and motivation levels up no matter the point gap, I'm all for Leicester or a team staying in this 8 point range to keep the squad knowing one bad performance can make the title race neck and neck.

It's still only December, we have a brutal run of fixtures this month and we have a tendency to always have a poor January it feels like, so I'm not trying to buy into any hype until February or March. 

The one thing that's been great is the level of rotation so far, and the success had so far. One of the biggest flaws I think Klopp has shown is not rotating enough/getting results when doing it, so I'm really hoping guys like Big Divvy, Shaq, Naby, and Lallana keep getting regular minutes and doing well. If he can stay fit, a regular playing Keita will be huge for the midfield. He was phenomenal yesterday.

What I will say is, whilst the volume of fixtures is obviously heightened by Liverpool playing in three cup competitions, their league fixtures for December are largely against lesser sides in the division, which should make it a little less taxing. Not to take anything away from them like, the way Liverpool are playing I can't see many teams at all stopping them.

26 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

While I trust Klopp to be able to keep the focus and motivation levels up no matter the point gap, I'm all for Leicester or a team staying in this 8 point range to keep the squad knowing one bad performance can make the title race neck and neck.

It's still only December, we have a brutal run of fixtures this month and we have a tendency to always have a poor January it feels like, so I'm not trying to buy into any hype until February or March. 

The one thing that's been great is the level of rotation so far, and the success had so far. One of the biggest flaws I think Klopp has shown is not rotating enough/getting results when doing it, so I'm really hoping guys like Big Divvy, Shaq, Naby, and Lallana keep getting regular minutes and doing well. If he can stay fit, a regular playing Keita will be huge for the midfield. He was phenomenal yesterday.

Liverpool can't lose the league now

19 minutes ago, Adam said:

What I will say is, whilst the volume of fixtures is obviously heightened by Liverpool playing in three cup competitions, their league fixtures for December are largely against lesser sides in the division, which should make it a little less taxing. Not to take anything away from them like, the way Liverpool are playing I can't see many teams at all stopping them.

I don't know about that, that back-to-back against Leicester and Wolves seem a little daunting.

Leicester is obviously the toughest game on paper, and that is the toughest back-to-back, but it isn't like they have a run of Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Napoli, Leicester, Wolves, Spurs etc.

It's a busy period for sure, especially with the CWC thrown in the middle, and I'm sure they will drop points at some stage, but I do think the way the league fixtures has fallen during this period will ease it slightly for Liverpool. And again, I'm not trying to take anything away from them due to that.

I came back from holiday today and missed our whole game during the flight (did I mention I somehow booked a weeks holiday to miss two home games and a gettable away game at Bramall Lane? Idiot) so somehow managed to avoid the scores til MOTD2. Well worth it.

Also Ladbrokes are getting nervous on my top 6 bet, my cashout is now £65 off a fiver.

Bruceball has inverted the pyramid and revolutionised football, with our so false he's zero goalscoring threat nine, Andy Caroll: targetmanwinger, an inside wingback forward, overlapping poacher/ball playing defenders, and Jonjo Shelvey.

• Thanks 1

I really like the look of Martinelli too. He looks a real prospect. 

Not sure what happened in that game to be honest, as we were dreadful throughout. I guess West Ham are simply that much worse. 

Now. Granit Xhaka. We must find a replacement and ship him out as soon as possible. For the goal, he’s wimping out of challenging Ogbonna for the ball. Then there was an example of his continued carelessness in the second half when he spread the ball across our penalty area and gave it straight to a West Ham player. It was utterly unnecessary and it’s something we see over and over again. This isn’t a young player we’re talking about, this is a player in his mid-20’s and getting to his prime. He’s a club captain and an international captain. If he hasn’t learned from his mistakes by now then he’s always going to be a liability. What he brings to the team doesn’t outweigh the negatives unfortunately. 

I'm still baffled that not one, but two managers have appointed Xhaka as a captain. Doesn't demonstrate any leadership qualities on the pitch, can't imagine he demonstrates any off it and in the dressing room and he's the softest 'midfield enforcer' I've ever seen.

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

I'm still baffled that not one, but two managers have appointed Xhaka as a captain. Doesn't demonstrate any leadership qualities on the pitch, can't imagine he demonstrates any off it and in the dressing room and he's the softest 'midfield enforcer' I've ever seen.

Well, this time around he won a players vote....