House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

12 minutes ago, Beeker00Zero said:

Yes... agreed.

On the condition Drogon roasts her, Nymeria rips out her throat, the Mountain decapitates her, Littlefinger poisons her and Tyrion uses a crossbow... before she can utter a sound.

Wow what the hell did Leslie Jones ever do to you?

16 minutes ago, Beeker00Zero said:

I actually don't mind her as a comic actor but she only has one way to act which is utterly over the top. She doesn't have the acting ability to be on Games of Thrones but a death cameo would be hilarious.

Game of Thrones has a plethora of shitty actors. Kit Harrington is very much a shit actor, but he's also the star. 

14 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Game of Thrones has a plethora of shitty actors. Kit Harrington is very much a shit actor, but he's also the star. 

He is perfect for his role though. And I've seen worse actors.

My thoughts on this week's episode.

Spoiler

Certainly not my favourite episode. Seemed like everything was building to a big show next week.

Cersei is pregnant!? Whaaaaaat!?

Gendry! :D Davos line, "I thought you'd still be rowing." was great. 

Davos was pretty great all around this episode. Tormund was pretty great in his scene too. While I thought the scene where Jon & co. are talking to Beric's group in the cell was a little over the top, with everyone being like "oh, it's you!" but it's also sort of what the last season has been building to. All of these links that have happened are finally interacting with one another. Even when Gendry and Jon met, which was another scene I really liked, there's even the fact that Gendry and Arya hung out a bunch.

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Someone tell me 

Hide contents

How do Thoros and Jorah know each other

They fought alongside each other many years ago.

And episode thoughts:

We know what's coming next week, and the build to it was a bulk of this episode. Happy they brought Gendry back, though I'm curious what happens with him beyond Davos just picking him up because of their close relationship.

Have sincere doubts about Cersei's pregnancy, and Jaime's face said that he does as well. Maybe she is pregnant and is using it to control Jaime again. And I suspect he might know this. So much is leading up to him realizing Cersei is dragging him around, and that reunion with Tyrion helped bring him away from her a bit. Hence why she immediately went in with telling him about the pregnancy. Jaime now knows that Tyrion was framed for murdering Joffrey, he also knows that Tyrion only killed Tywin as a means to avoid his own death. Lots going on there and I think it's all leading to Jaime breaking away from Cersei and possibly killing her.

Holy shit! Sooooooooo much stuff happened in this episode! In the past they would've needed like half a season's worth of episodes to tell the same story and move all the players around like they just did in one episode. And it was an awesome episode as well! I honestly haven't been this hyped after watching an episode of GoT since season 4. Can't wait until next week. Am I a bad person for hoping that someone leaks the final two episodes of this season ahead of time?

Spoiler

My favorite moment was Samwell finally loosing his shit. That was awesome. That and Davos line about Gendry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Someone tell me 

Reveal hidden contents

How do Thoros and Jorah know each other

Spoiler

At the Siege of Pike the first two to breach the castle were Thoros and Jorah.

I loved so much about this episode and it was a nice slow down and build between big episodes.  Gendry is back and that is great but then ending with The Ranging of one of the most badass groups of people possible with Jon, Tormund, Gendry, Jorah, Beric, Thoros and The Hound (I'm still a big fan of Beric from the books).  All these loose ends are coming together so well and Sam was like 2 seconds from finding out about Jon's parents.

Other highlights are how Jon and Gendry talked to each other exactly like Ned and Robert used to, Tormond being Tormund and setting up what could very likely be Bronn havning to get the hell out of King's Landing and hopefully saving the last Sand Snakes and Yara.

Wait a minute, something just clicked in my head

Spoiler

If Rhaegar's marriage was annulled and he was secretly married to Lyanna that actually makes Jon a trueborn Targaryen.

Spoiler

I can't wait for the Dany / Jorah conversation

D: So, how were you cured?

J: A maester by the name of Samwell Tarly.

D: Tarly?

J: Yes, his father owns lands in the Reach. A fine military commander.

D: Umm....

• Like 2