The PS4 thread

9 to 5

It's payday tomorrow and instead of being torn between Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation I'm now torn between Shadow of Mordor and The Evil Within.

Alien doesn't really sound like my kinda thing, like it sounds pretty awesome, but it's definitely not a full price purchase for me. Maybe when it's around the £20 mark in a year or so it'll be worth it, but definitely not yet.

Evil Within sounds pretty wonderful, I love games with a strong roster of bosses and the whole mind-warped reality thing sounds like a whole butt load of fun. It also seems like it'll get my mind off of waiting for more news on Silent Hills, so that's a good thing.

Mordor sounds like a better game overall but I'm not exactly the biggest Lord of the Rings fan. Like, I enjoyed the films, they were good fun but after seeing them once at the cinema way back when and once since then I've never really found myself wanting more out of that universe.

So which do I go for? The game which seems more relevant to my interests or the game which has been way better received?

Also relevant to the point, why in the balls are demos seemingly non existent? If I could actually play a little of either of them I feel I could make my mind up way more easily.

It seems like Evil Within is more what you're looking for. I can't vouch for that game yet, but I know Mordor I'd incredible.

My gamertag is ogwam if anyone wants to add me.

I don't really use my PS4, mind you. I've had it since last Christmas but I only have Battlefield, Call of Duty Ghosts, Need for Speed: Rivals (which I completed about a month after I got it) and FIFA 14. I'm probably going to get WWE 2K15 and LittleBigPlanet (whenever that's out?), though.

I'm not sure if I'll have the money for it, but I want to pre-order WWE 2K15 so I can play as Sting... so I'll probably have that close to release.

Anyone played the Alien game?? I'm thinkin of trading in a few old games like Diablo and was thinkin of picking it up. But I'm unsure just because the last Alien game was utter garbage

Shadow of Mordor has the best gameplay mechanics I've seen on the PS4 yet. Evil Within looks like it falls apart at the actually playing it part of the game and apparently has some extremely unfair deaths. As in a guy literally shows up occasionally that you can't kill. And he kills you if he touches you. And then you end up back at the checkpoint.

And if it matters, Evil Within is apparently about 14 hours long, whilst I managed to get 28 out of Shadow of Mordor without touching some of the game modes.

To be fair to whoever said that, isn't that like the second update it's had? The X1 has had 10 I think so far. Not that it matters really.

Nah. The PS4 has had a good number of updates. They just haven't changed as much as the updates on XBox One have.

To be fair to whoever said that, isn't that like the second update it's had? The X1 has had 10 I think so far. Not that it matters really.

Nah. The PS4 has had a good number of updates. They just haven't changed as much as the updates on XBox One have.

I'm not talking about bug fixes but actual feature filled updates.

Depends how you view it.

On one hand, if you have to update it a lot, then it implies that there were a load of issues.

On the other hand, frequent updates suggest that they're being efficient about fixing those issues, and they may just be improving or stabilising stuff, which is always good news.