Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

Stay of execution or great escape for Colchester United? Either way great win to keep alive! I thought the throwing away of 3 points last week had done us but we've still got hope.

I think with Lineker it is not a question of who his team or teams are, it is who he doesn't. :P

He's like a gambler who only tells you about the ones he wins, Watford have gone up but half a dozen of his other teams in that division haven't.

What a day. Pure madness at the bottom of League One. Notts County have teased me by climbing out of the bottom four, but with Crawley at home to an increasingly wayward Coventry next week, I'm still pessimistic. I feel bad for Orient today because on plenty of other occasions, a draw would have been a decent result. As it stands now, they'll have to beat Swindon away, which ought to be a big ask, but considering that they've secured fourth place no matter what happens, it's possible that they might take it easier. Who knows? It's all coming down to the wire, and I couldn't feel sicker.

I'm worried about next season if we drop down to L2. I'm sure most of our decent players will be off in the summer, I will especially miss the ones that actually seem to give a damn about the team like Baudry, Vincelot, Cuthbert and Cox, these four alone don't deserve to play in L2. Baudry looked absolutely devastated at the end of the match. This has been a really dodgy season. Under Hearn we had stability and financial security even if we weren't particularly spectacular most of the time. Now this season we've had a new owner and four managers.

Blargh.

Assuming you still have a good budget though, couldn't you afford to put together a (hopefully) good team and bounce straight back? I know it isn't that simple, especially if you run through so many managers but you'll still have a good base to build from won't you?

Two years ago today, we made Eddie Howe and Bournemouth shut the hell up in an instant. Of course, it worked out fine for the Cherries in the end and good luck to them tonight, it could be a special night.

But anyway, I'm just going to leave this here. Wherever you are Marcello...we will always remember you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4SK8PP-UP8

John+Ryan+James+Coppinger+9V7YOKjGcIum.j

Southend are two points clear in third in League Two. Bury ready to swoop if they lose next week.

Also Shrewsbury are promoted and barring an 8 goal swing, Plymouth Argyle are safe in the last play-off spot, ahead of Luton. Fine season for the latter though.

Not really. These days the playoffs are the bare minimum expectation for a Conference champion, especially with their resources and as they haven't got over being "screwed by the corrupt FA" they'll consider this season as a bit of a failure.

On the note of the Conference, the mighty Grimsby are trying to get back in to the league via the play-offs (after Barnet were promoted automatically), all play-offs are LIVE on BT Sport.

We have:

Bristol Rovers vs Forrest Green (Weds and Sunday)

Grimsby Town vs Eastleigh Town (Thurs and Sunday)

Final will be at Wembley on the 17th of May

• Like 1

I want Grimsby to go up because well I didn't actually mind Grimsby when I went and my mate will be made up if they get promoted.

But I don't want them to get promoted at the same time because he will never shut up about it. Plus I wouldn't be able to wind him up over the fact that he keeps saying they'll go up this year and they end up losing in the semis of the playoffs.

I want Grimsby to go up because well I didn't actually mind Grimsby when I went and my mate will be made up if they get promoted.

But I don't want them to get promoted at the same time because he will never shut up about it. Plus I wouldn't be able to wind him up over the fact that he keeps saying they'll go up this year and they end up losing in the semis of the playoffs.

Much like it's gonna be Liverpools year? ;)