Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

Sorry again for beating you the other week Myke.

We somehow won 5-2 today, Tyson got a hat trick. Yet it was only the 4th biggest win of the day! Bristol City won 8-2, big centre half Aden Flint got a hat trick and now has 15 for the season. Bizarre.

Congrats to MK Dons and to Colchester as well.

Eh, you didn't send us down, Orient sent Orient down.

What a piss poor season, a complete omnishambles.

:({):

• Admin
Channel 5 have confirmed their new 90-minute Football League highlights show will be broadcast on Saturday evenings at 21:00 BST. Fans will be able to watch every goal from every match in all three Football League divisions, then switch over to BBC One just in time for Match of the Day.

Only thing that concerns me with this is that it's a 90 minute program, but due to the adverts surely this means less time each week than the current BBC program has to show everything? Fans' main complaint about that show really is that it doesn't show enough of all the teams.

I'm worried that this is the road that Orient are wandering down.

I don't mind too much that we got relegated, I mean, it happens in football. We are never going to be a top club because of all the competition around us, unless something incredible happens. I'm more worried that it will all end in a clusterfuck, at least when Hearn was in charge we were stable if not successful. I'd rather us doss about in the lower divisions than do a Darlington or a Luton and completely drop out of the league.

Jesus Yaweh God Mohamed Buddha, let us get promoted next season. I swear I'll be a better Jew/Catholic/Muslim/Whatever if we survive, praise God.

I don't mind too much that we got relegated, I mean, it happens in football. We are never going to be a top club because of all the competition around us, unless something incredible happens. I'm more worried that it will all end in a clusterfuck, at least when Hearn was in charge we were stable if not successful. I'd rather us doss about in the lower divisions than do a Darlington or a Luton and completely drop out of the league.

Jesus Yaweh God Mohamed Buddha, let us get promoted next season. I swear I'll be a better Jew/Catholic/Muslim/Whatever if we survive, praise God.

This has always been the biggest worry that has hung over me as a lower league fan. I'm obviously disappointed to see my team get relegated to League Two, but if they're still playing football and still catering to the fans, I'll root for them from here to the lowest regional leagues and back. What concerns me is that you can pretty much toss a coin on whether or not a relegated side at this level will regroup and fight back or plummet further into the mire. We've just seen Tranmere relegated from the Football League, and Hartlepool only just survived, and while that isn't necessarily disastrous in and of itself, there's always the concern that things will nosedive at the boardroom level and lead to a club completely imploding. With money more important now than ever before in football, I do shudder at the thought of my club meeting the same fate as Chester City or Darlington.

This has always been the biggest worry that has hung over me as a lower league fan. I'm obviously disappointed to see my team get relegated to League Two, but if they're still playing football and still catering to the fans, I'll root for them from here to the lowest regional leagues and back. What concerns me is that you can pretty much toss a coin on whether or not a relegated side at this level will regroup and fight back or plummet further into the mire. We've just seen Tranmere relegated from the Football League, and Hartlepool only just survived, and while that isn't necessarily disastrous in and of itself, there's always the concern that things will nosedive at the boardroom level and lead to a club completely imploding. With money more important now than ever before in football, I do shudder at the thought of my club meeting the same fate as Chester City or Darlington.

We can hug it out if you want, no homo >_>

• Like 1

Cellino is under investigation, one day after being reinstated to the Leeds board :lol:

Third party ownership and agents fees are the latest shady areas he seems to have waded into.

To be fair it's not Cellino himself being investigated, it's the loan transfer of one player.