Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

Hopefully Norwich come up. We always seem to smash them 4-0/5-0....

I'd be happy with anyone tbh, Brentford would be a completely new team, Ipswich/Derby/Middlesbrough haven't been in the Prem for a while, Wolves would be alright I suppose. If I had to put them in order of who I want to go up it'd be:

Ipswich

Middlesbrough

Brentford

Derby

Wolves

Norwich

I was rooting for Bournemouth because of the underdog factor, and I'm glad to see that they'll almost certainly be going up. I'd like to see Brentford take the final promotion place, but in the likely event that they get edged out of the playoffs, I'd settle for anyone but Derby.

With a Russian billionaire backing them, can Bournemouth really be called underdogs?

I certainly think so. Yes, they have a very rich owner but they haven't completely bought their way to promotion - the Championship has quite a few sides with good money to throw around these days in no small part thanks to parachute payments.

Bournemouth were nearly liquidated only seven years ago, and started the following season on -17 points in the bottom division. To have risen like they have has been remarkable, especially this quickly. Eddie Howe deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

Their stadium is smaller than the likes of Southend, Plymouth, Oxford and Doncaster. They're easily one of the biggest underdogs to ever grace the Premier League.

• Like 2

• Admin

Adam said it better than I ever could. The club was almost liquidated live during a press conference! Yes the guy is rich but by no means has he spent excessively. He has only been the sole owner since like 2013 anyway.

And to answer Baddar - ultimate loyalty is with Spurs.

I'll never forget last night for as long as I liv25 years of support made totally worth it.

What a night on the town with the players, too.

Hanging out on the piss with Arter, Wilson, Surman, Francis in Halo. Incredible scenes as Elphick, our Captain, shouts "Eddie, give us a wave!", then turns around and screams in the mic, when reliazing he's not there, "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?!"

• Like 6

I'll never forget last night for as long as I liv25 years of support made totally worth it.

Hanging out on the piss with Arter, Wilson, Surman, Francis in Halo. Incredible scenes as Elphick, our Captain, shouts "Eddie, give us a wave!", then turns around and screams in the mic, when reliazing he's not there, "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?!"

Sod off and be happy somewhere else :@

• Admin

:lol: wonderful stuff!

A second Luton Town player has been arrested on suspicion of assault following an incident in the early hours of Monday morning. Shaun Whalley's arrest follows that of striker Ricky Miller. A club statement said Whalley has been suspended pending a police inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32508609

Steve Evans: Rotherham boss tells Millwall to 'enjoy League One'

Rotherham United manager Steve Evans says his team's Championship survival was inspired by a Millwall player claiming the Millers lacked guts.

They beat Reading 2-1 on Tuesday to ensure their survival and relegate Millwall and Wigan instead.

"A Millwall player said we've not got bottle. I've got 12 bottles of pink finest Champagne and we'll be drinking them for about a week," said Evans.

"Look forward to League One, son, and keep your trap shut."

:D Classic.

• Like 3

He's also going to be in the dugout against Leeds wearing a tshirt, shirts, flipflops and a sombrero.

I'm sure Leeds fans will love seeing Steve Evans with nothing on below the waist apart from his flip flops.

• Like 1

Reading mentally checked out on their league campaign weeks ago, so Derby's play off position is safe.

Would like to see Ipswich win the playoffs. Always liked Big Mick and would be nice to see Ipswich beat Norwich to it, due to my irrational hatred for Norwich.

• Like 1

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5qX1Yr-hQ

I'd like to see Mick McCarthy back in the Prem. You know you'll get at least one brilliant moment or soundbite out of him during the season

Edited by DavidMarrio
  • Like 2