Football League Thread 14/15

METALMAN

I'm worried that this is the road that Orient are wandering down.

I don't mind too much that we got relegated, I mean, it happens in football. We are never going to be a top club because of all the competition around us, unless something incredible happens. I'm more worried that it will all end in a clusterfuck, at least when Hearn was in charge we were stable if not successful. I'd rather us doss about in the lower divisions than do a Darlington or a Luton and completely drop out of the league.

Jesus Yaweh God Mohamed Buddha, let us get promoted next season. I swear I'll be a better Jew/Catholic/Muslim/Whatever if we survive, praise God.

This has always been the biggest worry that has hung over me as a lower league fan. I'm obviously disappointed to see my team get relegated to League Two, but if they're still playing football and still catering to the fans, I'll root for them from here to the lowest regional leagues and back. What concerns me is that you can pretty much toss a coin on whether or not a relegated side at this level will regroup and fight back or plummet further into the mire. We've just seen Tranmere relegated from the Football League, and Hartlepool only just survived, and while that isn't necessarily disastrous in and of itself, there's always the concern that things will nosedive at the boardroom level and lead to a club completely imploding. With money more important now than ever before in football, I do shudder at the thought of my club meeting the same fate as Chester City or Darlington.

I have no idea what the situation is around Orient at the board level but the key to Stevenage was all about not changing anything drastically. We stopped took a step back and carried on doing what we'd been doing before Westleys Preston experiment went horribly wrong. There wasn't a lot of pressure put on and we've had a fantastic season. Granted we accept that we're one of the smallest league clubs and only have about 20 years of history but had there been any type of overhaul it could have been a disaster, Tranmere may well have struggled (and were) but they got rid of Rob Edwards in October after he'd only been in charge since the Summer destabilising them in a bad situation even more.

3-2 in the end, Plymouth scored twice late on to keep the tie alive.

I actually hope Wycombe go up there, though I've nothing against Southend or Plymouth and in fact like them both. I think Gareth Ainsworth is a good bloke and he's done a remarkable job to turn them around in such a short space of time.

Surprised more clubs don't do something like that. If you can get another 2000 tickets at 300 quid a pop then that's an extra decent player. If you get promoted, so what, the TV money covers the outlay a thousand times over and if you fail, you've got an extra good player for nothing.

• Like 2

Double training for Orient players even tho the season has ended and a sarcastic tweet from one of my favourite players :(

If Matty Baudry doesn't stay with us, which is probably a given, I really hope he goes to a good club. He is a fine CB and he was one of the Orient players that seemed to give a shit about the club. And Romain Vincelot deserves to be playing higher than L2

LOOK AT THIS MAN

vincelot-special-lead89-1428145_478x359.

Fucking hell, it's been a while since I've watched this, but it reminds me so much of Mike Bassett: England Manager.

Clearly, this is the best thing that has ever happened in football:

"So you, you little cunt when I tell you to do something, and you, you big cunt when I tell you do to something, do it. And if you come back at me, we'll have a right sort out in here, alright? And you can pair up if you like, and you can pick someone else to pair up with and you can pick your fucking dinner because by the time I'm finished with you, you'll fucking need it"

He was like a cockney Shakespeare :crying:

Barry Corr has just "done a Knockaert" for Southend against Stevenage - they win a 97th minute penalty that, if scored, sends them to Wembley and a Play off Final against Wycombe...so he goes and chips the penalty, which clips the crossbar and goes over.

Oh dear.

• Like 1

Leyton Orient have announced that Fabio Liverani is to leave his role as manager of the club by mutual consent. His assistants, Maurizio Cantarelli and Marcello Donatelli, will also be leaving.

*Circus music*

• Like 1