WWE Supercard

Nikki

I don't think it is annoying. I think most of us are kind of chuckling at someone buying cards in the game. Given the mechanisms of the game, I don't actually think it any way benefits you to buy cards. But hey... if you are happy with your purchase, than so be it.

• Like 1

I for one am very annoyed. I've just smashed my keyboard on my desk and now my seven key is missing. I hope you're happy, Brench.

Y4ah 1 h0p4 y0u 4nj0y y0ur purcha54 y0u 5mug pr1ck.

I don't think it is annoying. I think most of us are kind of chuckling at someone buying cards in the game. Given the mechanisms of the game, I don't actually think it any way benefits you to buy cards. But hey... if you are happy with your purchase, than so be it.

Except once you hit the Ultra Rare++ wall, you're pretty much going to be stuck without progress until you somehow get more Ultra Rares.

£17 is a bit much, but there's really no shame in buying products in a free to play game. If no one did, the servers would shut down and we wouldn't get any more games like this, with an actual fair business model. Like it or not, the people spending money on the game are the reason we get to play it.

I really don't understand that LOL YOU SPENT MONEY LOSER mentality when most people would happily spend £40 on a game like Uncharted that'll give you 10 hours of enjoyment and that's it. I think I've probably played for a good 40 hours since release, is that not worth some money?

I've spent £3 on a few packs and ended up with Ultra Rare's and an Epic. Considering I'd otherwise spend that money on what, a sandwich that'll last 5 minutes? Why not put it down on something I enjoy?

So I was playing for ages, then for some reason it 'deleted' my game. I was a bit annoyed but oh well, I started again. New game was awesome, and then out of the blue today it found my old game and started asking which one I'd like to play every time I opened the app but I kept to my new game because I'd started actually collecting and playing properly and although I didn't have as many awesome cards, I was enjoying it just as much.

Now it's decided to just automatically login to my old game every time without the prompt to choose.

I want my new game dammit. :(

1. This kind of game model isn't one to really promote and push along - it CAN be done well but when it isn't it is absolutely crippling and soul crushingly money grubbery. This one isn't so bad but it's in the minority, and you never know when there's going to be a change to the code or the system of the game. I'd much prefer to spend money on something like this up front so I don't have to worry about stuff like that.

2. We're starting to see that the game appears fair at first but is throwing some roadblocks our way specifically designed to make us want to spend. It's manipulative. I don't really like that practice.

3. Don't compare a game to a sandwich. :shifty:

It's the price more than anything. £17!

I bought Skyrim for £18.

Didn't you just buy it recently? It's only worth about a tenner.

I bought it about 3 years ago and it just sat in my drawer.

I've had Mass Effect 2 and 3 waiting for years too.

1. This kind of game model isn't one to really promote and push along - it CAN be done well but when it isn't it is absolutely crippling and soul crushingly money grubbery. This one isn't so bad but it's in the minority, and you never know when there's going to be a change to the code or the system of the game. I'd much prefer to spend money on something like this up front so I don't have to worry about stuff like that.

2. We're starting to see that the game appears fair at first but is throwing some roadblocks our way specifically designed to make us want to spend. It's manipulative. I don't really like that practice.

3. Don't compare a game to a sandwich. :shifty:

1. Right, so if the model is going to exist (and in many ways is the reason a lot of games DO exist (Path of Exile, Blacklight: Retribution to name a few)), why wouldn't you support the ones doing it right? This kind of game would probably get no buys if you had to put down money up front, like most iOS games.

2. It's set up to be a grind, like any other free to play game. Of course it's encouraging you to spend money on it; that's how the game continues to exist.

3. If a sandwich was free, but I had to pay £3 to add bacon, I'd totally pay the extra without a second thought. Because it's £3.

You can dislike the model, but let's not act like these kind of games would exist without it.

Honestly, I haven't found the game to get much more difficult but I'm still in Super Rare ++ territory, so maybe it all changes later on in the game. Perhaps when I reach the ultra rare stage, I would consider throwing 5-10$ at the game, if I was having trouble collecting ultra rare cards. But so far I've only found the game to get easier and easier as it progresses. The two King of the Ring tournaments I've competed in I got semi-finals and the other one I won.

Except once you hit the Ultra Rare++ wall, you're pretty much going to be stuck without progress until you somehow get more Ultra Rares.

£17 is a bit much, but there's really no shame in buying products in a free to play game. If no one did, the servers would shut down and we wouldn't get any more games like this, with an actual fair business model. Like it or not, the people spending money on the game are the reason we get to play it.

I really don't understand that LOL YOU SPENT MONEY LOSER mentality when most people would happily spend £40 on a game like Uncharted that'll give you 10 hours of enjoyment and that's it. I think I've probably played for a good 40 hours since release, is that not worth some money?

I've spent £3 on a few packs and ended up with Ultra Rare's and an Epic. Considering I'd otherwise spend that money on what, a sandwich that'll last 5 minutes? Why not put it down on something I enjoy?

No, this game isn't worth spending any money on, because it's insidious and shitty. It's a SHITTY, shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty, shitty game that's just addicting. It's not well-designed. It's ass. Something like Uncharted took actual effort to make. A lot of effort. It is an achievement in storytelling in gaming and looks amazing and blah blah blah. This game is just a collect 'em all, gross cashgrab and nothing more. And it's not a well made or engaging one. Something like, say, DOTA, or Hearthstone, are WELL MADE free games that people deserve actual money for because the people involved made an engaging GAME. This is not engaging. It's just a timesink.

• Like 2