Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Premier League 2018/19

I imagine (and would like to think) that this is before tax. Think Italy have a high tax. Plus taking into account he's a free transfer. 

So I highly doubt he's getting 400k into his bank account each week. 

Then again I could be completely fucking wrong and Juve have gone mad. 

This is what happens when you let a players contract run down, teams can spread a potential transfer fee over the players wages, because that’s exactly what’s happening.

Rather than us getting a nice £40-50m for him, it goes straight to Aaron Ramsey. 

There’s no way he’s getting that sort of contract without being a free agent.

10 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

This is what happens when you let a players contract run down, teams can spread a potential transfer fee over the players wages, because that’s exactly what’s happening.

Rather than us getting a nice £40-50m for him, it goes straight to Aaron Ramsey. 

There’s no way he’s getting that sort of contract without being a free agent.

I'm amazed more players haven't cottoned on to the fact that they can run their contracts down and then get a massively inflated wage at a new club.

Joe Cole stole a wage when he joined us on a free transfer. 

18 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I'm amazed more players haven't cottoned on to the fact that they can run their contracts down and then get a massively inflated wage at a new club.

I think that most clubs are wise to it and try to sell them on before.

Arsenal are just not very good at it.

Mystified how anyone thinks that is a foul on the keeper.

• Like 1

Uh oh, Wolves picked up a late point.

They're closing the gap! :shifty: 

12 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Mystified how anyone thinks that is a foul on the keeper.

I'm more annoyed that the linesman missed the blatant foul on Almiron a minute earlier directly in front of him which would have pretty much finished the game. No complaints about the goal at all, and the number of people on Twitter going "where did the extra minute come from" when we wasted a minute bringing Manquillo on. Stupid people.

Dubravka's control of his area has absolutely vanished this season, I blame Subbuteo keeper Steve Harper...

I think they also forget it's 'a minimum of X minutes', not a maximum, ref can play ten minutes if he wants.

Oh yeah, it was absolutely a foul on Almiron down in the corner.

What a shite goal to concede. Dubravka wouldn't have done that against United.

Odd statement, he's never played against us as far as I know.

• Like 1

Whoever Ramsey's agent is we should get him to negotiate Brexit for us.

6 hours ago, Colly said:

Odd statement, he's never played against us as far as I know.

We had a pre-season tour in eastern Europe a couple of years ago, must've been then. 

• Like 2

Manchester United accounts show that the pay-off for Mourinho and his staff was £19.6m.

Money well spent?

On 14/02/2019 at 12:29, Liam Mk2 said:

Manchester United accounts show that the pay-off for Mourinho and his staff was £19.6m.

Money well spent?

Yes.

More delays to Spurs stadium - AP reporting it now won't be open until early April.

My uncle is a vendor. We 100% won't be in this season.

Leeds or Hartlepool?

Harchester United

12 hours ago, Molly said:

So is it true that one royal family is pissy that another royal family has a shiny premier league toy in Manchester City and wants to buy United so they can have a shiny pl toy of their own?

Well, we had a wrestling world cup because another country has the football world cup, so I wouldn't be surprised.

On 11/02/2019 at 17:51, DavidMarrio said:

I imagine (and would like to think) that this is before tax. Think Italy have a high tax. Plus taking into account he's a free transfer. 

So I highly doubt he's getting 400k into his bank account each week. 

Then again I could be completely fucking wrong and Juve have gone mad. 

He should see about the £220k of it per week with the rest going to the Italian tax man

Le sigh.

Often with these things the club gets to appeal it, which will at least delay the ban's start past the summer transfer window so that they can get some moves in (and if they're a Spanish club, they then get the ban reduced to one window...but I would never expect to benefit from such favouritism :shifty:). Who knows if that will happen though.

Interesting that in addition to punishing Chelsea, the English FA are also getting fined CHF 510,000 (I guess for...being complicit?).