Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

3 hours ago, Hobo said:

Came from a Milner pass that went wrong so would it not have been a back pass?

Not a chance is a shanked cross field ball going to be given as a deliberate backpass. Kerazy goalkeeping. 

3 hours ago, Hobo said:

Came from a Milner pass that went wrong so would it not have been a back pass?

Not a chance is a shanked cross field ball going to be given as a deliberate backpass. Kerazy goalkeeping. 

Kerazy. 

• Like 1

Lacazettes goal should absolutely have stood, it was a second phase of play when the defender passed back so how can he be offside? Cracking goal from Torreira but another game where we're just being kicked off the pitch.

• Like 1

Yeah but being unbeaten all season and not winning the title isn't something to boast about.

You could have a keeper the exact size of the goal posts but it doesn't mean you are any good.

2 hours ago, Kaney said:

Lacazettes goal should absolutely have stood, it was a second phase of play when the defender passed back so how can he be offside? Cracking goal from Torreira but another game where we're just being kicked off the pitch.

We were, it was awful at times. So many breaks in play because of their Stoke-like behaviour on the field and the referee didn’t seem to have a clue how to handle it.

I’m sure that Pritchard committed another 3 or 4 cynical fouls after he got booked but nothing more was done.

On a positive note though, I absolutely love the new found passion in the team. When we scored, I loved Emery’s reaction to it and how he pulled some players aside to give them further instructions and psyche them up a bit more. Then shortly after, that big lump of theirs up top got barged off the ball by Sokratis and complained for a penalty, so Sokratis yelled exactly what he thought of him before then turning back to a fallen Torreira and grabbing him yelling encouragement. It’s fucking brilliant to see. We’ve really turned a corner this season, whilst there’s still plenty of things we need to iron out (shipping as many goals), the early signs are so promising. I love the new emphasis on tactical thinking that Emery has brought to the club, along with a proper fighting attitude to win games that Sokratis, Torriera and Leichsteiner have all brought too.

• Like 1