Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

20 minutes ago, Colly said:

They'll have Summer 2022 off won't they? Slightly shorter than usual maybe.

I assumed domestic seasons and Champions League would start earlier that year to fit in the winter World Cup. But maybe I'm wrong and they'll do a nearly regular length summer in 2022 and 2023 by dragging out the domestic season/Champions League on the other end into start of June 2023.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Narrative and nostalgia.

Gerard was a one-club man, a Scouser who dragged his lesser team mates to a European trophy through sheer force of personality, a leader, pashun, boyhood dream, and all that Roy of the Rovers style nonsense etc. whereas Henderson plays a vital, but more 'invisible' role while his team mates get all the glory and the paper column inches, isn't local, isn't a one club man and plays in a team full of leaders managed by a popular and charismatic leader.

Helps as well that every player becomes twice as good upon retirement and gets even better every ten years.

I think Milner gets underrated for this exact reason, although he's certainly become more universally loved in the twilight of his career. Henderson might not get the same plaudits as Gerrard and Lampard, but at least he's better/more consistent than Ross Barkley.

Was gonna post this in the betting thread but Paddy Power are doing a £5 free bet on the Prem games if anyone is intetested

I know football Twitter is grim like, but I just scrolled down the comments on Liverpool's official page for their team line-up and I'm seeing all this criticism? For the team who have won the league at a canter playing one or two fringe players, which is standard really on the final day? Some proper strange folks about.

I am loving all the whacky line-ups today. A few 3-4-3 formations, lots of young players coming in for teams with little to play for. Going to be an interesting afternoon.

I think United will win the race for top four and Villa will stay up, but it will probably change 10 times over the course of the day.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I know football Twitter is grim like, but I just scrolled down the comments on Liverpool's official page for their team line-up and I'm seeing all this criticism? For the team who have won the league at a canter playing one or two fringe players, which is standard really on the final day? Some proper strange folks about.

I am loving all the whacky line-ups today. A few 3-4-3 formations, lots of young players coming in for teams with little to play for. Going to be an interesting afternoon.

I think United will win the race for top four and Villa will stay up, but it will probably change 10 times over the course of the day.

Cranks. Whose even arsed as you said we've won the league and there's nothing to play for really. It's still a strong team! Better to get some minutes into some of the players leagues given the short break before the season starts up again! 

Curve ball I'm going for - United and Leicester to both draw and Chelsea to get beat by Wolves. I think Villa will do enough to stay up although a part of me wants Bournemouth to pull of the upset and survive. 

• Like 1

I'm shitting myself tbh. Dread to think what I'll be like if Leicester go ahead. I know they've been poor post-lockdown, but we've put in some shit performances in the league in recent weeks. I'd settle for a draw and the unbeaten record continuing, but if we can go 3 up by HT, that would be ideal. 😑

Keane tearing DDG a new one again.

"I've just never liked him, makes too many mistakes, costs United far too many points"

Has this cunt watched us at all in the past 10 years? He was our player of the season 4 years running for a reason. Such a strange agenda against him.

Just now, Baddar said:

Keane tearing DDG a new one again.

"I've just never liked him, makes too many mistakes, costs United far too many points"

Has this cunt watched us at all in the past 10 years? He was our player of the season 4 years running for a reason. Such a strange agenda against him.

Admittedly, I don't follow Man United as closely as many do, but the De Gea criticism seems way over the top. I find it strange that he's gone from being called the best goalkeeper in the world to utterly rubbish in the space of a few weeks.

Just now, Baddar said:

What did he say? Got back in the room as he was slating De Gea again.

General gist: the idea that Leicester City should be a challenging match is fucking laughable.

I don't think it's been a few weeks, he's been below what you'd expect from a keeper of his stature for a couple of seasons. That being said, there's been at least two seasons of his Man Utd career where he's won them at least 15pts on his own.

• Like 1

I don't doubt that DDG hasn't been anywhere near his previous best since before the WC. But to say he's never been a good keeper when he was literally the best in the world is odd.

Leicester's team is depleted, form is dreadful. We should be winning this game but we can't take it lightly.