Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

Bournemouth are going to sue the everloving shit out the goal line tech company.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Villa would've ended the season on 34 points, GD -27. Bournemouth 34 points, GD -25.

Who knows what would've happened in that Villa/Sheffield game of course, if the goal was given, or if anything else would've changed as a result, but it is absolutely fucked up still no matter what

We can say the same about any of the numerous incorrect VAR decisions which fucked up any team. Shit happens. 

Shit season, but who the fuck cares? We’re staying where we belong. 

• Like 1

Yeah, exactly, shit happens.  Get over it Bournemouth. If you were good enough for the league you'd have stayed up of your own accord and you wouldn't have got yourself in this situation in the first place. Fuck off down to the Championship where you belong Bournemouth.

2 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

We can say the same about any of the numerous incorrect VAR decisions which fucked up any team. Shit happens. 

Shit season, but who the fuck cares? We’re staying where we belong. 

Nah you can't really, it's completely different. Goal line tech isn't subjective, VAR is. It was a goal and a technology fuck up made the difference.

It doesn't matter to Villa's Premier League status but there's no point denying or excusing it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TCO said:

Nah you can't really, it's completely different. Goal line tech isn't subjective, VAR is. It was a goal and a technology fuck up made the difference.

It doesn't matter to Villa's Premier League status but there's no point denying or excusing it

Apart from all the times that statements have been read out admitting that VAR got it wrong.

Metalman nailed it tho. Watford and Bournemouth can piss and moan about the Nyland thing (I’m still not convinced that it crossed the line 👀), but take care of your own business and it shouldn’t matter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope Bournemouth stick with Eddie Howe. I don't really like the "plucky underdog" narrative with them as, whilst yes they don't make as much revenue as any other PL club, they aren't a massive underdog as Maxim Demin bankrolled them up the leagues to the top. But I think Howe is a good manager and they brought something different to the league.

Watford though, I don't think anyone will really miss them.

Bournemouth is a team for boring Tory geriatric dicks

Watford is a team for boring Tory commuter belt financial services dicks.

Aston Villa is a real team with a proper history and supporter culture. The right team stayed up and Watford and Bournemouth can fuck off down to the Championship where they belong (well actually Bournemouth belong in League 2, but give it a couple of years.) Still, I too hope they stick with Eddie Howe as they tumble back down to where he found them.

Edited by metalman

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

I hope Bournemouth stick with Eddie Howe.

I'm the opposite, I think he's taken them as far as he can. Squad needs a major refresh, preferably not with him spunking £15-20m a time on the bench players of Liverpool U23's.

• Like 1

Well, I'm glad the season is over. If Ancelotti gets to put his stamp on this team over the transfer window and then injuries don't proceed to fuck us, I can only envision a better season next time out. :P 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, metalman said:

Bournemouth is a team for boring Tory geriatric dicks

Watford is a team for boring Tory commuter belt financial services dicks.

I assume you think you’re funny, but you aren’t.

1 minute ago, Troy said:

Well, I'm glad the season is over. If Ancelotti gets to put his stamp on this team over the transfer window and then injuries don't proceed to fuck us, I can only envision a better season next time out. :P 

I hope Everton have a really positive season, even as a Liverpool fan I think there’s a charm to them, in the same vein as Leicester.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

I assume you think you’re funny, but you aren’t.

No, not funny, just accurate. (and a little bit funny)

I assume you think you are some sainted voice of reason and maturity. Get over yourself.

Edited by metalman

As a Liverpool fan, I have nothing but immense respect for Leighton Baines. He was quality for you guys for years, and a real presence for the club. I hope he has a great, happy retirement doing whatever it is he wishes to do

• Like 1

Just now, metalman said:

No, not funny, just accurate. (and a little bit funny)

I assume you think you are some sainted voice of reason and maturity. Get over yourself.

I’m not, you just sound like a fucking berk spouting shit like that.

The only open Tory I have on my Facebook is one of two Aston Villa fans, while 100% of my Watford supporting acquaintances are some of the most left wing people I know.

That shit isn’t for the fucking football thread, you don’t know who you’re going to offend with that.