Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

• Admin
1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

It does say something about the progress Tottenham have made over the last decade that starting October in 6th place, one point behind the Champions League places, is considered disastrous.

You're feeling a lot more positive about things than me <_< 

8 minutes ago, Lineker said:

You're feeling a lot more positive about things than me <_< 

Well, I can see things aren't looking good at the moment, but the journey the club has taken lately has been interesting to me as an outside observer. Growing up, I'd heard stories about how they used to be a big force in European football, but they were always a mid-to-lower end top flight team from when I first started following football.

Yes, they won the FA Cup in 1991, but they weren't doing much in the league at that point in time. They flirted a little with relegation a few times during the 1990s, but, with their history and fanbase, they still seemed like a proud club worth respecting.

Contrast that with the 2010s, when they've been a top six club every year, including one season as league runners-up and a Champions League Final. It's been quite nice as a neutral to see a once great force emerge back on the big stage again.

26 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

It does say something about the progress Tottenham have made over the last decade that starting October in 6th place, one point behind the Champions League places, is considered disastrous.

Bit disingenuous that, isn't it?

They haven't won an away game in the league this calendar year, just conceded 7 at home, and are currently trailing by two to a lower half side.

Pochettino surely won't survive to see November. He's clearly lost the dressing room.

Make that three...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Definitely getting an England call-up soon... :shifty:

The reassuring thing about this wave of talent we've got is that they're all Irish born and bred! The only one eligible for England was Obafemi and he was born in Dublin and cap tied.

That waist coated dickhead probably has the PowerPoint warmed up in St. Geroge's Park nonetheless! 🤨

6 minutes ago, TCO said:

The reassuring thing about this wave of talent we've got is that they're all Irish born and bred! The only one eligible for England was Obafemi and he was born in Dublin and cap tied.

That waist coated dickhead probably has the PowerPoint warmed up in St. Geroge's Park nonetheless! 🤨

Michael O'bafemi, surely?

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

Michael O'bafemi, surely?

Mick O'Bafemi I believe he prefers to go by. 

He's only played for us once but everyone loves him already. Saw loads of Obafemi jerseys at the Aviva last time.

It's really a shame Grealish didn't play for us. He'd be a God to Irish fans if he had stayed but will probably be a bit part player at best for England at best. 

38 minutes ago, TCO said:

Mick O'Bafemi I believe he prefers to go by. 

He's only played for us once but everyone loves him already. Saw loads of Obafemi jerseys at the Aviva last time.

It's really a shame Grealish didn't play for us. He'd be a God to Irish fans if he had stayed but will probably be a bit part player at best for England at best. 

He’s blatantly not Irish though, Birmingham through and through.

Wesley confuses me. Either brilliant or fucking shit. Genuinely don’t know which one it is.

16 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

He’s blatantly not Irish though, Birmingham through and through.

Wesley confuses me. Either brilliant or fucking shit. Genuinely don’t know which one it is.

He played Gaelic Football and was raised in a very Irish household. Nationality isn't defined solely by birth.

He's equally as Irish as Raheem Sterling is English. Dual nationalities exist and he made his choice which was his right, I'd never begrudge him or discount his Irishness though!