Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Still think it's mental everytime I'm reminded that Shaun Maloney is part of the coaching set up for Belgium.

I know there's the Wigan connection but it's just such a random coach addition, it's something you do on FM with random players you like 

Untitled.jpg

2 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Good riddance.

Like it's cynical to be like this, but I wholly agree whenever it's Portugal that washes out of a tournament. Every 2 years I continue to be shocked and surprised at how cynical and unsportsmanlike an entire national selection can be.

There's the usual bullshit you get in football, but Portugal seems to want to go above and beyond every time, and between Pepe getting away with just a yellow after elbowing Hazard, and Ronaldo (and others) making complete muppets out of themselves, there's just only catharsis to see Portugal lose because they're cynical bellends.

They should do better, they should act better, but they just can't and never have been able to. It's honestly shocking for multiple generations to go by, and the one thing that never changed with the Portuguese is their complete inability to have a fair game of football.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Pepe is a dirty fucking cunt.

Hopefully this is his last tournament.

1 minute ago, Chris2K said:

"Ronaldo is out, Belgium are through" sums up why I'm so glad Portgual are eliminated.

The media are obsessed with him. He is no Messi.

Just now, Bobfoc said:

You'd think that next year's World Cup will be Ronaldo's last major tournament.

If they even qualify. They have an easy group, but they may need to go to the second round if Serbia top the group, and the second round will be full of teams who can beat them. Germany are struggling to even qualify for the second round at the moment. Should be interesting to see how teams change, if they drop some of the old guard and bring in the new generation at the next bunch of games.

5 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Still think it's mental everytime I'm reminded that Shaun Maloney is part of the coaching set up for Belgium.

True, how many Malaysians coach in Europe, let alone for such a huge national squad? Crazy.

• Thanks 1

I really enjoyed that second half. It was a fight more than anything but it was end-to-end, you could feel the desire in both sides and plenty to talk about.

Portugal just battered Belgium, physically, but the Belgians defended superbly and did enough to see it out. Obviously Hazard and De Bruyne getting injured is a big concern but I'd not feel confident betting against them going all the way at the moment, especially with Italy looking shaky last night.

So glad Ronaldo is out as well.

Someone on Twitter genuinely tried to say Pepe was only cautioned because he's Pepe, and that him and Hazard did the exact same thing 🤣

Hazard makes an attempt to win the ball as the whistle is blown, and looked to even get a touch in real time. Pepe comes in LEADING WITH HIS ELBOW a good 5+ seconds after the whistle.

Clearly the same thing!

29 minutes ago, JasonM said:

Like it's cynical to be like this, but I wholly agree whenever it's Portugal that washes out of a tournament. Every 2 years I continue to be shocked and surprised at how cynical and unsportsmanlike an entire national selection can be.

There's the usual bullshit you get in football, but Portugal seems to want to go above and beyond every time, and between Pepe getting away with just a yellow after elbowing Hazard, and Ronaldo (and others) making complete muppets out of themselves, there's just only catharsis to see Portugal lose because they're cynical bellends.

They should do better, they should act better, but they just can't and never have been able to. It's honestly shocking for multiple generations to go by, and the one thing that never changed with the Portuguese is their complete inability to have a fair game of football.

I didn't find Portugal to be playing the "Portuguese style" in the group stage matches. Things were a bit more open, not as many stiff tackles or just outright cynical play. But as soon as you get them in the knockouts it's like watching the same Portugal match we've all seen 100 times before.

This one was particularly bad because of how entertaining Belgium can be when they're attacking and likewise for Portugal.

1 hour ago, The Kraig said:

True, how many Malaysians coach in Europe, let alone for such a huge national squad? Crazy.

They were going to have two Malaysian coaches but I didn’t want to be away too long, so I asked them to select some goof  named Thierry instead :shifty: