Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

I think there's always a bit of thought has to go into what's political and what isn't, as an obvious example I will wear a poppy around remembrance day but I'm far from thick enough to pretend it's not got political connotations and fully understand why they aren't keen for internationals.

This on the other hand is absurd, they can't on one hand claim they're trying to stamp out discrimination and promote inclusion (https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/0264-10fc5b8c842c-db62fe54eeec-1000--uefa-president-and-european-parliament-president-commit-to-prom/) at the same time as claiming a pride flag is a political act. It literally promotes UEFAs alleged aims. Pricks.

5 hours ago, JasonM said:

Which is a massive load of toss. But UEFA is nothing if not a tokenistic virtue signalling pit of corruption, like every other organisation.

Also this tweet aged like milk.

That picture is an own goal and a half 

I'll add to the fun:

I just mean that if they have the 'easier' last 16, all of a sudden they're in the quarters and on paper it looks like a great tournament, and they've been anything but. Their WC run was built on beating teams you'd expect them to, until they got to Croatia and lost.

Actually beating France/Germany/Portugal in the next round would make a statement.

That's what I like to hear.

Does their finishing position make a difference to where the next match is played? Would top get them Wembley again or?

Croatia ahead. 3 CBs, about 5 in the box and not one fucker can deal with it. Long way back now.

8 minutes ago, Baddar said:

That's what I like to hear.

Does their finishing position make a difference to where the next match is played? Would top get them Wembley again or?

Croatia ahead.

Win the group and the next match is at Wembley. If they were to be runners-up apparently they play in Copenhagen.

If Scotland finish 3rd in the group I believe they actually would face the Group E winner in Glasgow as it turns out.

• Thanks 1