Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

3 minutes ago, damshow said:

It's the first time they've progressed in a round of any international tournament since the Disgrace of Gijon in the 82 World Cup.

That is quite surprising, I didn't realise it had been so long. Fair play to them.

I was probably in a shitty poor watching them celebrate because of the Gilmour news as well. Don't see how Scotland can win against Croatia now.

1 minute ago, The Kraig said:

That is quite surprising, I didn't realise it had been so long. Fair play to them.

I was probably in a shitty poor watching them celebrate because of the Gilmour news as well. Don't see how Scotland can win against Croatia now.

Nah I think it's a fair reaction lending to Austria historically being a mildly successful nation. I went "oh 1982 wasn't that long ago" when I saw the stat and then went "Oh no 1982 was almost 40 years ago."

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, damshow said:

Nah I think it's a fair reaction lending to Austria historically being a mildly successful nation. I went "oh 1982 wasn't that long ago" when I saw the stat and then went "Oh no 1982 was almost 40 years ago."

We are becoming vintage. :crying:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, damshow said:

1982 was 20 years ago and nobody can convince me otherwise!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In my head the implication of this Gilmour/Chilwell/Mount news is that no one in the Scottish squad talks to him.

27 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I can only imagine the letters already being written to Points of View about having football on both BBC1 AND BBC2 at the same time.

• Like 1

13 million € is his value. And Sampdoria just seem to find one talent after the other. They also had Joachim Andersen before he blew up

iirc, we (denmark) need a second goal to move past Ukraine in the 3rd place race thingy

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

They're talking on 5 Live about Belgium doing Denmark a favour by scoring against Finland. But surely Denmark don't overtake Finland if they only lose 1-0?

I don't know what the permutations are, but does a Denmark win and Finland loss basically mean it comes down to Goal Difference between the three, which in reality means "who lost the best to Belgium"?

It's confusing stuff. As it stands those three sides all have a 1-0 win over the other nullifying the head-to-head completely.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I don't know what the permutations are, but does a Denmark win and Finland loss basically mean it comes down to Goal Difference between the three, which in reality means "who lost the best to Belgium"?

It's confusing stuff. As it stands those three sides all have a 1-0 win over the other nullifying the head-to-head completely.

If such a thing happens, then total goal difference comes into play, which means it will include the results versus the teams wh aren't tied.

4 minutes ago, Malenko said:

If such a thing happens, then total goal difference comes into play, which means it will include the results versus the teams wh aren't tied.

Russia couldn't be bothered with that scenario and just chucked in the towel seemingly.

• Haha 1