Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

We all know though that the threshold for a foul in the box is very different to one outside, it's a step on the foot when the ball is long gone. 

What's the current penalty conversion rate? Feels like an awful lot missed so far.

I just think a late challenge/step on the foot is enough to warrant a pen even if Morata had lost control of the ball.

Plenty of pens missed though, yeah. I know Ronaldo scored the first one of the tournament but not many converted since.

Not sure how those two scissor tackles ended up a Poland free kick mind.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

I just think a late challenge/step on the foot is enough to warrant a pen even if Morata had lost control of the ball.

He hadn't lost the ball, he'd already played the pass, there are loads of "contacts" that don't get given as fouls after a shots been played. To be honest I'm not vehemently arguing it's not a pen, I just thought it a bit harsh, and not a clear and obvious error.

8 hours ago, Rich said:

But what does he offer Poland?

in terms of tabloid press. NONE

I just got off the phone with a friend. Russia-Denmark is expected to have 25000 fans in the stands. Thats cool and all. He tried to purchase some tickets through UEFA. Price for 4 tickets equals 880$. 

🤬

• Sad 1