Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

I know we're always going to be the lesser side in most games but for fucks sake. The last game, a must win game, in the first tournament we've made it to in 23 years, playing at home as well, and Clarke still waits till we're 2-1 down in the 70th minute before making a(n unforced) substitution. Have some fuckin balls man :(

You know England are boring as fuck when I've won money on Kane having under 1.5 shots on target and England 1-0. 

We'll get rinsed by someone good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

You know England are boring as fuck when I've won money on Kane having under 1.5 shots on target and England 1-0. 

We'll get rinsed by someone good. 

Round of 16 is going to be against France, Portugal or Germany 😕 

Was Foden suspended or just dropped altogether as he wasn't on the sub bench, Saka and Grealish both gave Southgate something to think about for the next game, the thought of one of Portugal, France or Germany in the round of 16 is not fun to think about but considering we are consider one of the 'favourites' beating a decent to good team needs to happen in order to win the competition, who knows we might fluke it to the final like Portugal did in 2016

I think Foden's absence was partly down to the fact that he had a yellow card in a previous match and Southgate didn't want to risk a future suspension. That's unless the yellow cards get wiped in the knockout stages, in which case I don't know.

Just drop Kane as he’s not playing well and he doesn’t fit in with any of these players.

Play a front three of Grealish, Sterling and anyone else. Midfield three with Henderson actually being someone with some vision and you can keep your two defensive midfielders.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Liquid football

@Colly will be pleased to know that the actual stat for this is simply 0 shots on goal. A pretty ridiculous second half.

As much as England are boring at the moment...the format has a lot to answer for. Czech never even tried to come back into the game second half because they knew they were through already and that was good enough for them. It has been the case in a few games, such as Italy v Wales, already. Finland playing for 0-0 against Belgium as well. It makes for less interesting match-ups in the group stage.

England have got to be a lot more lively next Tuesday. I suspect they will be - against much tougher opposition, guaranteed to be a side with attacking intent. Harry Kane...I'd not even play him. Whatever is up with him, he isn't on it at all.

I suspect Foden will come back in for Saka (a worthy MOTM btw) and maybe Henderson will start too.

• Like 1

*puts on Denmark top*

HERE WE, HERE WE, HERE WE FUCKING GO!!

I am very proud of the Scotland team, we just need a reliable goalscorer and we're a dangerous team to underestimate.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I think Foden's absence was partly down to the fact that he had a yellow card in a previous match and Southgate didn't want to risk a future suspension. That's unless the yellow cards get wiped in the knockout stages, in which case I don't know.

They get wiped after the quarterfinals. Preferable obviously to run the risk in the knockouts vs in a group stage game where you have already qualified for the knockouts.

9 hours ago, Gazz said:

Liquid football

What was the xA?

9 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Play a front three of Grealish, Sterling and anyone else. Midfield three with Henderson actually being someone with some vision and you can keep your two defensive midfielders.

So following two 1-0s and a 0-0 your solution is drop the striker, and play Henderson AND Rice and Phillips, or have I read that wrong?

The problem isn't personnel for me, it's overplaying at the back (especially in full back areas which almost cost us a couple of times yesterday) and a lack of movement further up. When that decent Henderson to Kane ball came in second half it was partly helped by the fact Walker had sprinted from full back to the penalty area, at points we had Stones and Maguire making driving runs in their half, we need everyone in the attacking half to start taking some responsibility and running and past defenders.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Just drop Kane as he’s not playing well and he doesn’t fit in with any of these players.

Kane was decent yesterday; good hold-up play, better link up play, was good in the air and nearly scored. Looked much more himself. Looked much better with runners in behind and someone like Grealish to open up some spaces for him. 

Having seen Kane play himself into fitness & form enough times, he looked a lot closer last night and that 90 will do him good. 

Thought last night was fine overall, we scored and then managed the game. It wasn't great, it's not lots to get excited about, but still topped the group and played some good stuff in the first half. I'll take it.