Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

45 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Or police were hostile towards the fans. Considering how police in this country act towards protestors, I'm not going to just believe them.

Either way, no successful protest movement was not disruptive and this should continue to happen. Break into the stadium, steal the footballs, block the way out of the hotel. Do everything that is possible and safe to disrupt the asset and drop the value of the asset and hurt the owners in the only place they'll care about - in the wallet.

If you want it to be successful you need it to happen multiple times. Are they gonna do it again? Is it gonna be in bigger numbers? I wouldn't tell them to steal footballs...block the hotel sure but not smashing stuff up and stealing cause again it's gonna be a case of the minority are gonna end up tarring the majority and it'll detract from the actual purpose of the protest. 

It's an incovience from my side cause now this games probably gonna get shoehorned when we're trying a last grasp chance of rescuing this shit show of a season. But fair fucks, hope it continues. Just don't want anyone to do anything stupid and take away from what could be a pivotal moment. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

If you want it to be successful you need it to happen multiple times. Are they gonna do it again? Is it gonna be in bigger numbers? I wouldn't tell them to steal footballs...block the hotel sure but not smashing stuff up and stealing cause again it's gonna be a case of the minority are gonna end up tarring the majority and it'll detract from the actual purpose of the protest. 

It's an incovience from my side cause now this games probably gonna get shoehorned when we're trying a last grasp chance of rescuing this shit show of a season. But fair fucks, hope it continues. Just don't want anyone to do anything stupid and take away from what could be a pivotal moment. 

100% agreed. I want it to happen again. Every home game from now on. The purpose is to muddy the image of Manchester United and make the Glazers feel uncomfortable. They use the clean image of United to make money, so the protests are doing the right thing in these kind of highly public events.

Edit: don't wanna hear the press narratives about those nasty football fans

• Like 2

For this movement to have any effect the players need to stand by the upset supporters. Donald Sterling was hated for years by Clippers fans, was a known racist, etc. and nothing happened until finally the players threatened to no longer play for a team he owned.

But upset fans will likely spiral in a less peaceful direction that makes themselves look worse than the Glazers in the eyes of a public that grows tired of it.

I just know this song-and-dance and it doesn't end the way everyone optimistically starts out hoping it will.

Fair play to the protesting United fans. If you want to protest something and force them to listen to what you have to say, make a big enough splash to headline the News at Ten.

Now granted, on the Tory BBC that means them framing it as a bad element hurting the lovely police, but I digress, this is huge news for a Premier League game to be cancelled due to crowd unrest and it will affect the PR of the Glazers, which sadly is something they probably care about more than most other things. Keep disrupting them and they might decide it's too much hassle to be in charge of Manchester United.

• Like 2

Of course it massively helps that you've got the likes of Gary Neville praising the fans on Sky Sports (no doubt helped in part by the threat of the ESL meaning Sky are allowing it), while fans of Newcastle and West Ham have been ridiculed for years with talk of "it's his/their club, they can do what they want with it". Fair play to the fans (the peaceful ones at least), but I'm not giving them any particular credit for being supported for what other clubs are pilloried for.

• Like 1

Gary Neville is a bit hypocritical though. I mean Salford were spending like 4 grand a week on wages in the conference for players like Adam Rooney etc. 

Again I'm all for the protests, I'm for getting the game abadoned and taking action.  Don't be a twat though and do things like the below. 

https://www.football365.com/news/carragher-laments-fans-scoring-points-in-defence-of-man-utd-protestors

Carragher on the money there. It's not about who is doing the protesting it's for the greater good despite any section bound to have idiots that take things too far. If the fixture was reversed I would hope Liverpool fans would have done the same, or if it was at Arsenal etc. Time to stand together rather than divide and get rid of the shit owners.

I almost wish my team had been involved with the Super League so I could protest and go to a game since I refused to give the Venky's a penny and they are still here. :(

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

https://www.football365.com/news/carragher-laments-fans-scoring-points-in-defence-of-man-utd-protestors

Carragher on the money there. It's not about who is doing the protesting it's for the greater good despite any section bound to have idiots that take things too far. If the fixture was reversed I would hope Liverpool fans would have done the same, or if it was at Arsenal etc. Time to stand together rather than divide and get rid of the shit owners.

I almost wish my team had been involved with the Super League so I could protest and go to a game since I refused to give the Venky's a penny and they are still here. :(

Think the problem you've got at times is football tribalism will always play a key part and there will be point scoring.

I mean I could argue people used Hillsborough as a points scoring thing for years and didn't help the city in its fight for justice but that's in the past. And as pointed out when West Ham did it or when Newcastle did it it got viewed differently. 

Again I'm still all for the protests I just don't want the dickheads to detract from the cause and take the focus away and I'm worried it will do.

Side note: did make me laugh the video outside the ground with the protesters and the police and they're calling the police Scouse bastards <_<

a) Think you won't find a place where the police are as universally disliked as it is here 

b) Why you thinking about us when you're protesting. 

• Admin

The Premier League has taken action to prevent a repeat of its clubs threatening to breakaway in response to the Super League fallout.

Six top-flight teams, including Manchester United and Liverpool, announced late on 18 April they were joining a new continental competition called the European Super League, only for it to collapse amid intense pressure within 48 hours. A new set of measures have now been put in place by the Premier League to stop any future attempt of a breakaway division, which include additional rules and regulations and a new Owners’ Charter that all club owners will be required to sign up to committing them to the core principles of the competition.

“The actions of a few clubs cannot be allowed to create such division and disruption,” a Premier League statement read. “We are determined to establish the truth of what happened and hold those clubs accountable for their decisions and actions. We and The FA are pursuing these objectives quickly and appropriately, consulting with fans and government.”

In the statement released on Monday, the league also said that the ESL breakaway had “challenged the foundations and resolve of English football” and it had acted to prepare a series of measures “to enshrine the core principles of the professional game: an open pyramid, progression through sporting merit and the highest standards of sporting integrity”. But it urged supporters protesting against their clubs’ involvement to remain peaceful after United’s game against Liverpool was postponed on Sunday due to some invading the Old Trafford pitch.

“Opposition to the proposed Super League united the whole of football, with the fans’ voice clearly heard. The Premier League recognises the strength of feeling and the right of fans to know what is happening. We are committed to maintaining close dialogue with supporters and their representatives, as we work with The FA and government to identify solutions, but ask that all protests are peaceful.”

The statement then detailed the actions being taken with the support of the Football Association in an attempt “to protect our game, our clubs and their fans from further disruption and uncertainty”:

• Additional rules and regulation to ensure the principles of the Premier League and open competition are protected
  • A new Owners’ Charter that all club owners will be required to sign up to, committing them to the core principles of the Premier League
  • Breaches of these rules and the charter will be subject to significant sanctions
  • We are enlisting the support of Government to bring in appropriate legislation to protect football’s open pyramid, principles of sporting merit and the integrity of the football community

• Like 1

• Admin

Chelsea Football Club Statement -  Chelsea Football Club announces that, as from 1 July, there will be supporter presence at the Club’s board meetings.

Three supporter advisors, picked through an election and selection process, will attend board meetings to ensure general supporter sentiment is considered as part of the Club’s decision-making process.

The Club will now consult with the Fans’ Forum and several non-official supporter groups to discuss the Club’s proposed process for picking the three supporter advisors.

Criteria for nominations as well as final selection will ensure that the supporter presence is representative of our supporter base generally and is inclusive and diverse. A new selection will be made before the start of each season.

Further information regarding this consultation will be communicated directly to the Fans’ Forum and the other non-official supporters groups in the coming days.

The successful candidates will be required to enter into a confidentiality agreement, similar in scope to the confidentiality obligations of a member of the Chelsea Football Club board of directors. This will allow the Club to discuss and seek advice on a broad range of matters.

The supporter advisors will not have any voting rights and will not participate in any meetings relating to players, staff, the Academy and related matters.

Supporter advisors will attend approximately four meetings per year, and more if appropriate. If they complete the year successfully they will be entitled to select a UK registered charity to receive a contribution of £2,500 from the Club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Utd v Liverpool has been moved to Thursday 13th May at 8.15pm, meaning we'll have 4 games Thursday-Thursday.

Hope they protest again tbh. Gotta stick with it 

• Like 1