Sky Bet EFL 2020/21

Adam

I think the reason Leeds were seen as such a breath of fresh air is because they're actually different to the promoted teams we usually get. It doesn't matter how much they dominate The Championship, the style of just trying not to lose matches rarely pays off. Wolves, Sheff Utd and now Leeds have played some decent stuff in the past 3 or 4 seasons and been able to stay in the league (admittedly things have gone tits up for Sheff Utd this time).

Norwich actually made a decent start to life in the PL last time too, but that went downhill fast.

Honestly, Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth would be a pretty boring set of promoted clubs.

1 hour ago, DanishmadePunk said:

And Norwich have clinched it

As is tradition, they and West Brom will be trading places once again.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

With apologies to the fans of other Yorkshire clubs, I think Barnsley would be an interesting candidate for promotion.

They're quickly becoming the only Championship side (excluding those who've had recent PL stays) a lot of Americans know thanks to Daryl Dike. Rather hard for me to root against them because of him.

Paid out the £10 to watch Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic (regular EFL watchers, is that just for a single match?) and it's been fun to watch. Argyle are 4-0 down but it's the most enjoyable game of football I've watched in months. They try and play good football, it's not really working and they don't have the defence to compensate. It's like if Leeds didn't score.

Will happily pay for a few games a month I think going forward. Helps that they play some decent music pre-game and at half time.

Tonight on our game, iFollow showed a slow-motion replay of drab nothing passes whilst the game was going on...for more than two minutes straight.

IFollow is utter garbage. I can't wait to get back in the stadium.

Although I'm hoping it's with 25 new players in Rovers shirts.

17 minutes ago, Colly said:

Yeah it's a tenner. Is it any good? My father in law watches Boro games through a PS4 and it always looks juddery and very SD. Not that he'd notice...

It's fine on my fairly slow wireless talktalk connection. Probably is SD - it'd definitely not 1080p. 

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Tonight on our game, iFollow showed a slow-motion replay of drab nothing passes whilst the game was going on...for more than two minutes straight.

Amazing.

The commentators for this Argyle are fun. The main one just spent a minute detailing the play-off/promotion situation because he was "searching for something to talk about".

Argyle insisting in still playing with what is essentially two at the back whilst 5-0 down is fun.

Ref mercifully blows for full time. Argyle 0 Charlton 6.

42 minutes ago, Adam said:

IFollow is utter garbage. I can't wait to get back in the stadium.

Although I'm hoping it's with 25 new players in Rovers shirts.

Tbf that is really funny. 

Probably not when trying to watch your team play though, admittedly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cymbols said:

Tbf that is really funny. 

Probably not when trying to watch your team play though, admittedly.

Thankfully we have become a comedy troupe instead of a football team in recent months anyway, so it didn't impact my enjoyment!

• Like 1

There was a really good “banter era” Tweet thread about Doncaster a couple of years ago which worked as an interesting timeline of events. I don’t normally like those threads because they just get hijacked by big team fans crying about 5th place finishes, but that one was pretty good.

EDIT - I think this is it: