Sky Bet EFL 2020/21

Adam

49 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I thought it was unfortunate actually. He definitely slipped.

He slipped because he stepped on the lad's achilles. Didn't mean to I don't think but a red card all day long.

Brentford deserve it today and over the season. They'll be a good addition to the Premier League.

Tbh I was on board with anyone but Bournemouth as Barnsley and Brentford would be someone new and I quite like Swansea they always tried to play some decent football in the Prem. 

It's another London team like but I imagine they'll finish surprisingly high like between 10th to 14th then suffer with second season syndrome and be replaced by Norwich who'll get relegated next season and then win the Championship the year after...

• Admin
8 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Tbh I was on board with anyone but Bournemouth as Barnsley and Brentford would be someone new and I quite like Swansea they always tried to play some decent football in the Prem. 

Barnsley wouldn't have been a new team though : /

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lineker said:

They would've been if you're not old, 1998 was literally decades ago. The current Man Utd manager was 25 years old at the time.

I'm glad Brentford won, they play good football and were easily the better side on the day. Got some excellent players and if they hold on to them, they could surprise a few next season.

I think I should have put an emoji in or something to clarify I wasn't meaning to be harsh. :lol:

Seriously though, 1998 was a bloody long time ago now. I find reasons to feel old every day now, and I'm not quite 30 yet. I'm as old as the Premier League, and Barnsley were there in the very early days of the division!

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

I don't remember 1997/1998 I would have been like 6. May as well have not existed 

• Like 1

In my head Barnsley have definitely been in the Premier League recently, but I think that's just because I went there both of our recent relegation seasons and I'm an idiot.

A couple days ago, I was talking to a couple about something I had been doing forever and then mentioned how something else was only a recent interest unlike that other thing. Then mentioned I'd only been watching that since the year 2000. The problem was, they were in their 20s and as soon as I said that, they just blurted out "that was over 20 years ago". I never felt so old.

All of this to say I remember the first EPL season, the feeling of novelty. I was just a kid, but old enough to have memories from before the premier league era so yeah, 1998 really doesn't feel like that long ago.

👴

2000 was twelve years ago, tops. 2010 was four years ago and 2020 lasted five years.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

I don't remember 1997/1998 I would have been like 6. May as well have not existed 

it was the first season I really paid much attention to football!  Everton nearly got relegated. Michael Owen was a popular 18 year old goalscorer. It was a wild and crazy time.

Barnsley knocked Man Utd out of the FA Cup that season. They also beat Liverpool at Anfield. 

I remember being oddly obssessed with Barnsley. Probably because the name was fun to say and they were so rubbish on Utlimate Soccer Manager 2 that I couldn't figure out how they got promoted in real life (USM2 was my main touchstone for knowing about football teams). For some reason Neil Redfearn's name has stuck in my head all these years too.

I've always liked seeing teams who've not been in EPL before get promoted. So it's nice that Brentford have gone up.