Pokémon: (Mew)Two Strikes Back

Bobfoc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's taken Niantic having to make Litleo the focus point of their Pokémon Go Lunar New Year event to make me realise that somehow, despite there being 898 of them, there is no Pokémon based on a tiger.

Also Pokémon Arceus is a... different game. I'm struggling to get too invested in it as it feels like a game that needs to be played on a TV rather than handheld, so it's limiting my time with it.

EDIT: Apparently it's 905 with the Hisui evolutions. Still no tigers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/01/2022 at 20:54, The Kraig said:

Finally I can be murdered by a Pokemon.

Well, I've died twice in the game. Once from fall damage (wasn't even high!) and finally got done in by...

Spoiler

Two Phiones, of all things. :lol:

On 01/02/2022 at 21:40, Chris2K said:

It's taken Niantic having to make Litleo the focus point of their Pokémon Go Lunar New Year event to make me realise that somehow, despite there being 898 of them, there is no Pokémon based on a tiger.

Also Pokémon Arceus is a... different game. I'm struggling to get too invested in it as it feels like a game that needs to be played on a TV rather than handheld, so it's limiting my time with it.

EDIT: Apparently it's 905 with the Hisui evolutions. Still no tigers.

Dude...Raikou is tiger and sabretooth tiger thing. Legendary dog my arse!

I've absolutely loved this game. It feels fresh, nostalgic and original all at once. The music is amazing and I LOVE the new variants and alphas. And the ride pokémon are awesome fun. The boss battles, controls and backpack/inventory need improved on, but as a sort of prequel game, it was such a surprise and it's kind of blown me away.

Got the wisps. Filled the dex. Did all the missions. None of it felt like too much of a chore but was very fun!

I'd absolutely devour this type of game set in Unova or Kalos. Or even Galar.

I still need to get around to playing it more, I've got stuck on keeping my team balanced which is pointless when I can catch alpha Pokémon that are higher level than my team.

On 22/02/2022 at 06:13, The Kraig said:

backpack/inventory need improved on

The guy who sells you inventory space is the most heinous villain in the history of video games.

9 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I still need to get around to playing it more, I've got stuck on keeping my team balanced which is pointless when I can catch alpha Pokémon that are higher level than my team.

The guy who sells you inventory space is the most heinous villain in the history of video games.

He certainly fucking is. In a game so inventory based, it really ruins the fun of playing when you need to come back to camp to store/sell stuff. Especially annoying when you come across something unexpected (like a time-space distortion).

I wouldn't bother keeping a balanced team, there's no challenging battles...

Spoiler

...until the very end.

6 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It's coming out this year as well, because Nintendo don't mess around.

Honestly I'm getting fatigued. It's basically their Call of Duty now. They are trying for a new title every year since it has that kind of impact on their revenues.

I'll likely still play this but I haven't even purchased Arceus yet.

Quaxly has some real swagger to him. How can you not love a duck with a pompador?

But yeah, they're really pumping these games out now. Granted it's been a little while since the last mainline release but the DP remakes only came out, what, a month or two ago and then Arceus right after. Now you've got these two coming up, plus Snap was only mid-late last year?

25 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Honestly I'm getting fatigued. It's basically their Call of Duty now. They are trying for a new title every year since it has that kind of impact on their revenues.

I'll likely still play this but I haven't even purchased Arceus yet.

You don't even get the benefit of cheaper games if you wait, since years later Nintendo games are still full price.

But I love both the fire and water starter. They are a delight.