England - The Southgate Years

Lineker

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

England's greatest keeper, I'd say, and I don't think that's a controversial opinion at all. 

If you try and pick an all time England XI I think keeper is the only position that is easy to pick. Shilton and Seaman come close though.

I enjoy how Kevin Kilbane took to Twitter to be annoyed by someone switching their allegiances to a different country.

Kevin, of course, being from that famous Irish town of Preston.

13 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Declan Rice was born in England and his mother is English iirc.

It was silly he was playing for Ireland in the first place.

ever looked at the birthplaces of a considerable amount of Irish international players? :P

There is a long history of Ireland calling up players who were born outside of Ireland but have Irish heritage. For a time Ireland's record goalscorer was Tony Cascarino, who could've played for England, Scotland or Italy - but not Ireland as it turned out :shifty:

Even in the most recent squad there were 11 players who were born in England.

This is the first time, that I recall, a player switching allegiances back though. The only other example I can remember was when Alex Bruce switched to Northern Ireland but nobody cared about that.