General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

2 hours ago, FLiam said:

Re Hades. How do you permanently increase your maximum health? Is there a way? 

I find that most of the things you collect etc are poorly explained. Or I'm dumb.

You can increase your starting health from the mirror in your room, it requires two unlocks.

In a run, you can increase it by 25 by getting a centaur heart (a black heart with a red design on it)

• Like 1

I installed Hades on my XBOX and did not do the cross save, just to play the game a new. It looks beautiful. I played the game handheld on Switch and it looked fine. On my 4K big screen tv? Flawless. 

My first run I died at Meg. Second run I died at The Bone Hydra. Those mirror upgrades are vital to winning a run. 

Finished Just Cause 3 the other night. Pretty fun.

Also played and beat Overland, an indie survival/tactics game. Pretty simple and fun, but 20 bucks was a bit too pricey for such a short game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

I am SOOO bad with the sword in Hades. Like, I usually die once before the Fury. 

You gotta mastering dashing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

I got through Elysium!!! It was cheap... I had a Cast that was an AoE that followed a target. So I just kept casting it and staying out of harms way. I'm afraid of what's next. 

The end level is not difficult but the final boss is and also they have two stages. 

3 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Yup, end boss kicked my ass. I think I got them down 30% of their life?

I bet them after my third try. Your first try you should ideally be going in with all your death defiances. 

Currently playing Dex. It's a 2D cyberpunk adventure game, like Deus Ex but in a Metroidvania style. Pretty good so far, though I had to remap my gamepad because for some reason when the "shoot your gun" button is mapped to my right trigger it doesn't want to, y'know, shoot the gun so I had to map it to the bumper instead. Oddly block is also mapped to RT on the default but that works fine.... once I celebrated my controller to get the triggers to work at all.

EA is the broken clock that's right today

• Like 5

To add to all the Hades talk from earlier in the week, I've just started it too. Pretty fun so far! Think I've had about 10 or so runs so far? Had a few where I got killed by the Bone Hydra thing before managing to get past it when I was using the spear. Got a bunch of power ups that run that increased the special attack damage, whilst also getting one that gave like a ricochet element to it so that was pretty awesome. Got through to the boss of Eleysium that run but think I only got the two gladiators down to like 3/4's health each.

Really like all the different weapons and the different enhancements you can get that give a bit of a variety but it's also kinda annoying that those are so random so I might not get that awesome spear run again. Only one I'm not so keen on is the bow, just feels so slow and I tend to be more of a 'gung ho' type player where I want to get in and attack people which is more fitting for the other weapons. Though, I did get a good power up on one run that changed the special a little bit and made it more usable. Love that you pretty much have Captain America's shield as an option.

Game looks really cool and I like some of the little audio touches, like in the second world where you can hear yourself walking on bones. Some of the voice acting seems a little off though? And I'm pretty sure Hypnos is voiced by the same guy who does Yakko Warner. The whole Greek mythology thing is neat in general actually, just tying in to this established lore brings a sense of familiarity to all the characters from the off.

SPOILERISH EDIT:

Spoiler

Made it to the second form of Hades but his special fire move with the beams shooting out in like 6 directions messed me up the first time he did it. Obviously wasn't expecting it so wasn't behind the pillars and I couldn't seem to outrun it so it took a chunk off. Had another good special based Spear run that time, some type of explosive this round plus a charge modifier for increased damage.

• Like 1