General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

40 minutes ago, GA! said:

OpenEMU is available here, requires a Mac - but there's Dolphin and Project64 available for Windows. I bought a compatible controller and job's a good 'un.

Is that for a computer or is that something you run on a switch?

2 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Is that for a computer or is that something you run on a switch?

43 minutes ago, GA! said:

OpenEMU is available here, requires a Mac - but there's Dolphin and Project64 available for Windows. I bought a compatible controller and job's a good 'un.

Just now, GA! said:

Haha I thought so (I used P64 in the past) but I misread and thought you found someone to do emulation on a Switch :P

11 hours ago, tristy said:

No Man's Sky definitely has "enemies" though.

But I believe there is a creative mode where you could hypothetically speaking do that. 

20 hours ago, RPS said:

But I believe there is a creative mode where you could hypothetically speaking do that. 

Son of a bitch, why didn't I know this? The hostile creatures part is easily my least favorite part of that game. I just want to explore and build some shit. Now that I know this is a thing, I guess it's time to move NMS off my external harddrive and back onto the internal storage of the PS5.

https://www.polygon.com/22588407/activision-blizzard-sexual-harassment-sexism-california-lawsuit

The DFEH also likened Activision Blizzard’s culture to “a frat house,” where a culture of sexual harassment prevailed. One employee highlighted in the lawsuit said that “random male employees would [...] comment on her breasts.” The World of Warcraft team, too, was called out in the lawsuit for how its male employees would “hit on [female employees], make derogatory comments about rape, and otherwise engage in demeaning behavior.” 

Former World of Warcraft senior creative director Alex Afrasiabi was named as a top-level “harasser” who was “permitted to engage in blatant sexual harassment with little to no repercussions.” 

Blizzard president Brack is alleged to have had “multiple conversations” with Afrasiabi about this conduct, but opted for “a slap on the wrist” in response, according to the suit. The DFEH said Afrasiabi “continued to make unwanted advances towards female employees, including grabbing a female employee’s hand and inviting her to his hotel room and groping another women.”

On 21/07/2021 at 12:37, Baddar said:

PES is dead @Colly 😢😢

Have you seen the roadmap of what they want to do? It just seems so underwhelming for me. 

The amount of hours I sunk into PES6 was ridiculous as a kid. Whether that be the Master League or just playing mates. 

It's a shame as there was a period of FIFA and PES bringing the best out of one another and it just appears the rise of Ultimate Team and PES losing certain licenses has just led to its downfall. 

Probably doesn't help Konami are more invested in the mobile and pachinko market

It's not so much the roadmap/free to play/pay for the modes you want that has riled people.

It's the fact that they brought out 2021 as a season update because they were working on their next gen title, PES 2022. They released a trailer for it last year, running on a new engine and it looked next gen. 

Now, they've seemingly abandoned all of that and are giving us a watered down, glorified mobile game on all platforms that looks and plays like shit. I know it plays like shit because they had a beta out a few weeks ago, and people presumed that the gameplay surely wouldn't be for a new title, and it was a server stress test. Turns out they were wrong.

Konami and its employees have lied to fans for years tbh, and this is the final straw. It's cool to have cross platform play but when they still can't nail smooth online connections between the same systems, it's going to be a mess when it's console vs a mobile phone or whatever.

It's a shame, but it did it's job really in influencing FIFA to get less shit. To be honest I don't really have the time for online footie games these days (or at least not the time to get any good at it), but Master League will forever be the best football game mode. My PES 5/6 era team with a young Cesc, Schmeichel and an even younger Giuseppe Rossi and Arturo Lupoli gave me more pleasure than Newcastle ever had.

Lucky for me my PS2 still works...

I played PES 5 Master League so much that a then aged 20 Fernando Torres retired from my all conquering Newcastle team, then I replaced him with the young pup, Eusebio (Elcherino), as you do.

I can still fondly remember club captain Javier Mascherano collecting a headed clearance from a corner on his thigh at full sprint and then smashing a full volley from outside the box into the top corner versus Galatasaray.

The PES player who springs to mind for me is ML legend Dagaka (Hossein Kaebi) who had a cup of coffee with Leicester City IRL and did the sum of naff all.

Or maybe the other Asian players who were always massively undervalued in the early games so your first few transfers would be for the likes of Lee Young Pyo at LB or Hidetoshi Nakata in midfield just to give you a bump up from the default team.

AC Milan on PES4 was my peak. Always played a 3-5-2 with them and would smash people.

Lucky for me my N64 still works too...

ISS64 had those ridiculous challenge modes where you had to win from being 2 goals down with ten minutes to go. It was hard, but you basically got more injury time than actual time.