General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

Playing City of Heroes and doing as much of the villainside missions as possible with a character.

Pictured is a mission I was given... and the character I am playing as.

IWonderWhy.png

On 05/09/2021 at 14:53, CLDY said:

Tripwire Interactive's president John Gibson has "gone on the record" as being anti-choice. This is the same company behind Maneater & Killing Floor 2, as well as publishers of Chivalry 2.

He has now stepped down. 

How fast is Sonic? The most wholesome gaming YouTubers got an answer!

Got my first clear on Hades, funny how I started out not liking the bow but I've come to favour that quite heavily. Some of the melee, up close and personal weapons are fun but I'd always just start ignoring defence and dashing away so being able to stay at a distance with the bow helped with staying alive. Was using the second modifier thing on it, Cherin I think it's called? The one that turns your special attack into a homing one on the last target you attacked. Had a lot of hangover boons as well, plus Artemis' call helped alot with the final boss, think it took off like a good quarter or even a third of HP on a couple of occasions.

End spoilers-ish?

Spoiler

Finally getting to the surface is really cathartic and has some lovely visuals to go along with the moment. Especially when you stop to admire the sunrise. s9xnmyxb77v51.png

Immediately went to google that in order to use it as desktop wallpaper and the first result is a Reddit thread where all the commenters are there for the exact same reason.

• Like 2

Finished Kingdom Hearts 1.5

The second to final boss was the most annoying and frustrating thing ever. Think I'm going to take a break and play something else before going into Chain of Memories. Asked my friend do I have to play it and he's like essentially for the story yes so this could be a slog. 

I'm doing a Kingdom Hearts playthrough at the moment and dropped Chain of Memories within the first fifteen minutes, so good luck with that. 

The closing stretch of 1.5 is tough - definitely agreed on that penultimate boss, found that absolutely infuriating. I'm currently on Birth By Sleep, as the third of three characters. Getting nearer the end. I finished 1, my other half is playing 2, then we're sharing out the others until it gets to me playing 3, but we've really slowed up lately.

• Like 1

Yeah some of the controlling just haven't aged well. There's times where you are trying the same jump multiple times because of the mechanics and the camera

Seems to more speculation that a Castlevania Advance collection is a thing; the three GBA games plus the SNES Dracula X for some reason?

That'll be cool to have as an official re-release. I have Circle of the Moon but I think the double pack goes for a relatively silly sum. Plus you always have the risk of getting a bootleg.

There may be some residual salt in this post from the fact that I never got Order of Occlesia on the DS before that skyrocketed out of nowhere.

SOME HOURS LATER EDIT: Oh hey, it's real, neat!

When does Dishonoured get good? I am playing the game and just got out of prison and reached the sewers. It is interesting right now, but I am not really understanding the praise. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

When does Dishonoured get good? I am playing the game and just got out of prison and reached the sewers. It is interesting right now, but I am not really understanding the praise. 

I enjoyed it from the get go. The look of the world, the cool powers, and I'm a slut for stealth gameplay. Plus finding the creative ways to handle your targets non-lethally.

4 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

I enjoyed it from the get go. The look of the world, the cool powers, and I'm a slut for stealth gameplay. Plus finding the creative ways to handle your targets non-lethally.

I have zero powers so maybe I'll stick around for powers.