Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

I'll put this in spoilers in case people want to go into the game without knowing anything.

Spoiler

I like the fusion system, but the game looks very much like more of the same. It's disappointing that the weapons still break so quickly, which is something I hope is mitigated somewhat by weapon fusing. I'm hoping there's something exciting they're not showing yet because I'm otherwise baffled as to why this took six years to make. If not, the price hike seems doesn't seem justifiable.

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Has anyone played The Alliance Alive game on the Switch? If so, any good? I've seen largely decent, if unspectacular review.

I've not played it, but it's been on my Steam wishlist for awhile. If you want something similar, I strongly suggest Bravely Default 2 (similar art style... I think it's even by the same team). I even more strongly suggest Octopath Traveler 2. 

1 hour ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

I've not played it, but it's been on my Steam wishlist for awhile. If you want something similar, I strongly suggest Bravely Default 2 (similar art style... I think it's even by the same team). I even more strongly suggest Octopath Traveler 2. 

I have BD2 and I wasn't a huge fan of OT the original, so don't really fancy the sequel.

Tbf I probably don't need any more games, but yanno...

• Lineker changed the title to Nintendo Megathread 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

That's the cheapest it's been physically, as far as I can see. I had a voucher I forgot about, so I can get it for £5. I wasn't going to buy it at launch, but I will now. If it's not to my liking, I can lend it to someone else or sell it for a healthy profit.

Picked up Mario Maker 2 for my son for his 6th birthday, since he likes Mario and LEGO, so I figured it would be a good gift. I want to make him his own custom world to play... and making interesting worlds is difficult! 

On 18/04/2023 at 19:13, K said:

Just been playing bowsers fury and it's rad, huge fuckin dark kaiju bowser. cool shit man

finished this in a few hours btw. pretty fun. very short, but a nice expansion pack kinda vibe. got a bit stuck on the last five or so goals cause I misunderstood the name of one of the challenges, but it was fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...