FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

I agree I don't think, nor thought pre tournament that Argentina were a big challenger to win the whole thing but to call them bang average smacks of a lack of knowledge and only knowing football via video games and social media rather than actual experience of the sport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Now at the ridiculous point that they're not just anti-LGBT, they're anti rainbows of all kinds.

There comes a point when the teams really need to do something.

I know the teams don’t want their captain starting a game with a yellow, etc. but surely something has to be done.

Why couldn't the Head Coaches wear the armbands instead, if its to do with getting a booking? Heck, I want Southgate to wear a rainbow colour waistcoat. 

• Like 2

I know 0-0 games are frequently entertaining, but we had two 0-0s during work hours yesterday and another one so far today. It's getting difficult to convince my non-football fan work colleagues to keep the radio on 5 Live if nobody's scoring any goals.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

I agree I don't think, nor thought pre tournament that Argentina were a big challenger to win the whole thing but to call them bang average smacks of a lack of knowledge and only knowing football via video games and social media rather than actual experience of the sport.

Other than taking part in a football draft for FM, I don't know anything about football video games or take part in any social media apart from here. So you can blame yourselves for that I guess?

But also, I'm a Liverpool fan, famous for not liking football, just Liverpool. So there's that.

40 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Anyone else posting this and I’d think it was trolling. Then I saw the poster name…

Bully.

5 minutes ago, damhausen said:

The 0-0 games yesterday were both entertaining I thought. I just tuned in to this one so holding off judgment.

I agree generally that 0-0 scoreline are an indication of a listless match, so expecting this one to be in that category other than the less common 0-0 exciting match.

Probably been the least entertaining of the three.

Germany are at a weird stage for me. Its certain positions where they aren't exactly world beaters compared to previous years and last tournament cycle you wouldn't have had them going out. Then losing to England in the Euros. Its a tough group for me, Japan could sneak through in the top two. 

I don't watch Bundealiga but Sule at right back, has he been playing there for Dortmund? Or is this a case of there's no real right backs and so it's a stick a centre back there type of job

Also in respect of Argentina, I think this is probably the most rounded squad they've had in a while. I mean losing to Saudi isn't great but its a group stage. Think everyone just assumed it's Saudi Arabia are crap. And they had some really close offsides against them. They'll be grand. I had them losing to Brazil in the semis in my predictor