Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Like the build up to the Brentford goal isn't his fault at all but Onana makes another mistake. No way that should be going in. He's got hands made out of wafer 

• Sad 1

I didn't get a great view at it, but doesn't the ball hit McTominay's arm before he shoots? I thought that automatically meant it wasn't a goal, or did they change the rules yet again? The rule was if the ball hits any part of the goal scorer's arm before scoring, it's no goal.

20 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It didn't touch his arm, no.

Thought we were settling for 0-1 when we brought McTominay on. Nice way to go into the break but we weren't good enough in truth

Cheers thank you! I never got to see a better replay of the goal, but thought it hit the underside of his arm after the first touch. Thanks for clearing it up! 

Terrible pass and decision by VVD, but that's like the 57th time already this season that MacAllister has been caught completely unaware of opposition players being right on him to take the ball off him. Brighton still fully deserve the lead. Miles better today than us.

And just like that its 2-1 Liverpool. 

Nice worked goal for Mo's first then a penalty for a blatant shirt pull (no idea how a yellow wasn't given mind but its the age old anywhere else on the field its a card rule) 

22 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

And just like that its 2-1 Liverpool. 

Nice worked goal for Mo's first then a penalty for a blatant shirt pull (no idea how a yellow wasn't given mind but its the age old anywhere else on the field its a card rule) 

Actually should've been a red card given the rules, yeah? DOGSO with zero attempt to play the ball by Gross. 

(I think a red would've been insanely harsh though, in all fairness, and am glad it wasn't issued, despite the rules)

48 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Actually should've been a red card given the rules, yeah? DOGSO with zero attempt to play the ball by Gross. 

(I think a red would've been insanely harsh though, in all fairness, and am glad it wasn't issued, despite the rules)

Felt although it's pretty much one on one, if that was a case of running straight on goal rather than across goal he'd have been off. 

Positive is we got absolutely battered last time at the Amex so a point is progress on last season which is how I tend to look at where we are at. What was the result last time we played such and such and how have we been playing overall. Just annoying as both goals were soft really. Soft for the first goal and then just Robbo I can  only describe as shitting out of defending the cross from  the freekick. 

3 points off first, hopefully a draw between City and Arsenal and then an international break with no injuries and we'll be right into the derby. 

The only possible reason I can see is that Oliver maybe hasn't seen the contact on the ankle for the second one (on his blind side) and just thinks he's kind of caught him with his body. Ridiculously lucky though, even with the first foul.

Martinelli making his entrance to Metallingus.

15 hours ago, Colly said:

Theo Walcott there suggesting teams may take a leaf out of Arsenal's book when playing Man City. Who have just lost their third game on the bounce.

Theo Walcott is an awful pundit - Sky's desire to be more like TalkSport has made their coverage terrible this year.