Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

I'd rather have Hodgson back than Mourinho in 2023!

Xabi Alonso seems to be a favorite, but, I don't know. I'd rather someone with a bit of a more proven track record but who knows who'd that be.

22 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I'd rather have Hodgson back than Mourinho in 2023!

Xabi Alonso seems to be a favorite, but, I don't know. I'd rather someone with a bit of a more proven track record but who knows who'd that be.

You pretty much mentioned it earlier on but the sentiment really is its impossible boots to fill. Very much akin to Fergie leaving United except Jurgen will leave us in a good place with a young squad with some experienced heads. 

There's a lot of good managers in football but it doesn't feel like there's a load of "world class" ones. I think an Alonso or a De Zherbi probably match in a sense in terms of the brand of play and I think for a lot of managers bar a handful, it would probably be their biggest job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

There's a lot of good managers in football but it doesn't feel like there's a load of "world class" ones. I think an Alonso or a De Zherbi probably match in a sense in terms of the brand of play and I think for a lot of managers bar a handful, it would probably be their biggest job.

maybe De Zerbi but Liverpool might be a huge leap for him right now? I dunno.

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

[b]I'd rather have Hodgson back than Mourinho in 2023![/b]

Stop living in the past!

This has come back to bite me quickly. At Villa Park, where there's a mobile light show coming up shortly. I have not scanned the QR code.

Also I just missed out on meeting Ally McCoist, got here stupidly early  and I thought it was just some fans getting a photo of the ground, then he walked up to the gantry. Gutted.

He reappeared at the end, with Townsend and Le Saux (carrying a Waitrose carrier bag which is possibly the most Graeme Le Saux thing ever). Villa Park is lovely, very old school with the commentators having to climb a ladder in the away end. Flashy lights and fire very silly, but an enjoyable evening. Got home at 3am. Tired.

20240130-222148.jpg

• Like 2

Even though I want him to stop playing so well tonight, Dorde Petrovic has been better than Sanchez for Chelsea this season, in my opinion. Pretty cool to see a keeper go from MLS to the Premier League and actually perform well! His saves on that Darwin volley and especially Jones' shot that he saw late were very good saves.

• Like 2

My goodness Connor Bradley! What an immediate impact this kid has made to the first team. A beautiful goal and 4 assists in his last 4 appearances now. And only a few times really put a foot wrong defensively too. Amazing to see 

• Like 1