Sky Bet EFL 2023/24

Lineker

2 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

The referee in the Blackburn WBA game was garbage based on the highlights of the games.

Just seen the highlights on TV. 

Trash refereeing from him. Missed a lot and misjudged mostly what went on. One of the cards was down to a poor angle he had of the incident. Still 2-1. Leonard looked good though today. 

Plymouth looked a good game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Just seen the highlights on TV. 

Trash refereeing from him. Missed a lot and misjudged mostly what went on. One of the cards was down to a poor angle he had of the incident. Still 2-1. Leonard looked good though today. 

Plymouth looked a good game. 

Was very impressed with Leonard, you could have a serious player there. I wasn't expecting Blackburn to be as competitive as they were, given what's gone on behind the scenes, and losing Diaz etc. But they were very good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FestiveJack said:

Was very impressed with Leonard, you could have a serious player there. I wasn't expecting Blackburn to be as competitive as they were, given what's gone on behind the scenes, and losing Diaz etc. But they were very good.

Even without the new signings playing today. Agree that their competitiveness surprised myself also considering the loss of Diaz, Dack and other's. But they've come back out with the same form from last season and hopefully still building on from that.

Although first game of the season and Blackburn always manage to lose form or such further down the line. Be a fun season either way. 

Leonard could be a good player if he carries on with his craft. His touch is bound to improve in time.

His pace was something I was interested by and his ability. He will probably end up leaving us like most do. Yet. It is great to see good talent coming through the club. First touch and ball control will come better in time with his confidence. I was impressed by the fierceness and fire in him for such a young player. How vocal he was.  But that's what you want. Someone with a voice. 

Good goals from Whittaker, Mumba and Hardie for Plymouth.

Some quite good work from the team there for you. I enjoyed the passing work from the team. To beat Huddersfield in their first game back in The Championship after 13 year's is not something I expected to happen or an easy task. If you can grab those late goals for a win or drawing. You should do alright. Good luck this season.

That green shade of kit was quite dazzling. Any luck it will be good camouflage. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

I have Blackburn who win Saturday, then on Sunday Sunderland do this to me. Mixed weekend of football action really.  <_<

What I found interesting is that at both 11 and 10 men, Sunderland dominated the play, but just couldn't really finish. Ipswich played some smart stuff, but I think if Sunderland had a striker with his shooting boots on, they score 2 or 3 goals. Still time to get someone in.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FestiveJack said:

What I found interesting is that at both 11 and 10 men, Sunderland dominated the play, but just couldn't really finish. Ipswich played some smart stuff, but I think if Sunderland had a striker with his shooting boots on, they score 2 or 3 goals. Still time to get someone in.

Not getting player's sent off would help also. <_< But unfortunately that is Sunderland. In all seriousness I agree.

If they can either get a decent striker who either needs to just find form, or who's been overlooked at other clubs or possibly a decent loan with experience to count on up front. I think they'd probably do okay.

There's probably someone in reserves, academy or youth set up that will probably come through during the season. Maybe a deadline day deal or loan. Patrick Roberts might come good I'm hoping on. 

Just finishing is often needed up there at the club. We often have decent players who can win the ball, dominate their position's and such. But mostly it will come down to hot temper several usually have, which is a lot of bookings and then turns any good advantage into a disadvantage. Youth is often their strong point on the team sheet each season. Almost always perform well at the club before they usually go on to bigger team's. 

I've admittedly missed serval of their games over the last couple of year's. But I often come back to watch them now and again. Had a lot of fondess for their charity work a few season's back which was very touching at the time.

Often enjoyed reading about the North East Club's and their history and meaning to the town's up there during the early year's of English Football. Admittedly I've fallen down the same hole with Blackburn Rover's.

It's quite fun are the smaller club's histories and also just enjoying watching them play with their style's and players. In some sense watching those games are like classic football games from year's gone by that I remember fondly watching or seen classic game replays of on TV, and you'll see a lot of decent talent mixed up at Club's that could go either way.

It's better to support smaller club's in a sense or local one's and even lower league's. 

Good luck in the cup game tomorrow. Have fun. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Colly said:

Needless to say Darlington have dumped him immediately. 

They released him last October after he was first arrested. There's been some odd reporting on BBC and elsewhere writing as if they've only just done it. The BBC article even calls him "Darlington FC footballer" in its headline. Pretty shoddy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam said:

They released him last October after he was first arrested. There's been some odd reporting on BBC and elsewhere writing as if they've only just done it. The BBC article even calls him "Darlington FC footballer" in its headline. Pretty shoddy.

Surprised he's not "former Newcastle footballer" despite never playing a game for them. It's what they usually do for former academy guys who find themselves on the wrong side of the law, gotta get them clicks.

A 1-0 loss to Birmingham City, barely able to name a bench, Daniel "no final third" James highlighted as the creative outlet, Shackleton on the right wing, Gnonto (and possibly Sinisterra) on strike...not the most inspiring of starts to the season.

To borrow from Luton Town (and hopefully with a different outcome) "we're going to piss this tin pot league". Two wins to start life back in League One as well as knocking out Watford in the league cup. In the program notes the chairman's message was that Stevenage are aiming for a play-off spot. Still think that's ridiculously optimistic but good to have six points on the board. Unfortunately with Cambridge and Peterborough also up there not much opportunity for lording it over people (and away to Cambridge midweek is going to be a big challenge) but glad to have had a good start at least.

Dan James with the assist and Rutter has a shot that is vaguely close to the goal, what a time to be alive.

I know the teams we've faced so far all have their own issues and aren't exactly turning up any trees but it's at least some comfort to be in the game despite a weak team with pretty much no offensive options. Hopefully we can actually get some bodies in before the end of the window, sort the outs that need to go and actually get some stability. Defitnely need to get a win sooner rather than later just to give the club a lift, feels like we've been in a downer mood since the back end of the 21/22 season.