NFL 2023

Lineker

12 minutes ago, Lint said:

The holding was holding, its the same thing that Bradberry did in the SB.

The DPI, yea I'll give you that...really soft call

I'm glad they have the consistency on holding even if the plays are drawn up to basically force the DB to hold. It sucks shit as a call and needs to be revisited but they've been consistent with it, which is perhaps more important.

DPI meanwhile has been a horror show this year.

Fuck McCarthy and Schottenhiemer.  These plays are straight trash.  We need 8 fucking yards and these geniuses call a play that has Lamb running to the fucking endzone.  Yeah, let’s just not put our best WR in a  position to get us the yards we need.  Fucking brilliant.

Buffalo’s weird insistence on never adding new weapons for Allen is biting them again.  Diggs has been limited to 2 catches so far and what do you know?  They’re down 14 and their offense is looking lost.

12 hours ago, Maxx said:

Buffalo’s weird insistence on never adding new weapons for Allen is biting them again.  Diggs has been limited to 2 catches so far and what do you know?  They’re down 14 and their offense is looking lost.

They drafted Dalton Kincaid in the 1st round this year and he's doing pretty well for them.

I certainly think they should have been in on someone else like DeAndre Hopkins this year as well though.

When you look at the Bills schedule it's not inconceivable they miss the playoffs entirely.  My best guess is they still find a way to make it but they really haven't looked impressive for a month now.

Chiefs, Ravens, and Jags should take their divisions.  Dolphins can't seem to beat good teams but their schedule sets up nicely to take the East.  Bengals feel like they're properly back and ready to go on a run.  That's 5.

It's possible both the Browns and Steelers make it and the North gets a clean sweep.  But there's a bunch of teams in the mix (Texans, Jets, maybe Chargers) and Buffalo seems better than all those teams on paper but their schedule is also harder.

23 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

They drafted Dalton Kincaid in the 1st round this year and he's doing pretty well for them.

I certainly think they should have been in on someone else like DeAndre Hopkins this year as well though.

A rookie TE is not a valuable addition to an offense for a team that needs to win now.  Their WRs are still Diggs and then nothing except for the 2 times a year Gabe Davis decides to go off.  Their running game remains middling.  It's hilarious they decided they wanted Allen to run less, and did absolutely nothing to give him an easier time passing.  They desperately need a reliable #2 WR and have for years.  Their insistence on never addressing that issue, and opting to instead shell out for a washed Von Miller means their window has pretty much slammed shut.

Won't be surprised at all if Diggs tries to get out of Buffalo in the offseason.  Maybe that will make them consider bringing in some WR talent.