2023 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

• Admin

Jeff Bezos has hired an investment firm to examine the possibility of a bid on the Washington Commanders, a source close to the situation confirmed to ESPN on Thursday.

Bezos hired the boutique investment firm of Allen & Company, the same company that conducted the sale of the Denver Broncos last year and the Carolina Panthers in 2018, according to the source.

Bezos, who owns The Washington Post, has not yet submitted a bid for the Commanders. While the source emphasized it was still early in the process, this latest move signals a higher degree of interest in possibly making a bid. Others involved in the process have anticipated him getting involved at some point. Because of his net worth of $119 billion -- making him the world's third-richest person, according to Forbes -- Bezos could outbid any of the other groups.

The only known bidder to date is Josh Harris, who toured Washington's facility last month, according to multiple sources. Harris, who grew up in the Washington area, owns the Philadelphia 76ers as well as the New Jersey Devils and is a limited partner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

At least one other group, or possibly two, has toured the Commanders' facilities.

In November, owner Dan Snyder and his wife, Tanya, announced that they had hired Bank of America Securities about possible transactions involving the team. They have not said whether that means selling all or part of the team. Multiple sources have said they anticipate a full sale of the franchise.

The Post first reported Bezos' hiring of the firm.

Davis Webb, who spent last season backing up Daniel Jones with the New York Giants, is being hired as the Broncos' quarterbacks coach, sources told Schefter. The 28-year-old Webb now will be coaching the 34-year-old Russell Wilson in his first NFL coaching job.

• Haha 2

• Admin

Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is planning to step away from coaching for the 2023 season, the team announced Tuesday morning.

Frazier has been the Bills' DC for the past six seasons. In that time, his unit has ranked sixth or better in yards allowed four times and in the top two in points surrendered on three occasions.

The 63-year-old, who has also been a head coach for the Minnesota Vikings and coordinator with the Bengals and Buccaneers, plans to return to coaching in 2024.

14 hours ago, Lineker said:

• Haha 1

As much as I'd normally jump at the chance to say "Fuck Dave Gettleman", I don't think I can blame him for the Golladay signing.  The move made sense two years ago, and the fanbase was excited by it.  The team needed a big body receiver who was great at contested catches, and that described him to a tee.

I can't even necessarily blame Golladay for being invisible in the first few months of 2021, the Joe Judge/Jason Garrett offense was pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen on a football field.  Every single pass attempt was a short pass right at the sticks, zero attempt to stretch the ball downfield to Golladay at all.

2022 was a different story.  That Golladay couldn't even get on the field under a new regime was a pretty clear sign that he was loafing it in practice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Didn't Golladay have an injury somewhere along the line too?

I assume he gets a vet minimum deal somewhere this season and probably sucks there as well in any case.

Yea, he always has an injury.

Golladays best bet is to find a big armed QB that will have him competing for jump balls. He's just not great at getting separation. Reuniting with Stafford in LA might be the right ticket for him if LA is interested 

• Like 1