NFL 2023

Lineker

Nevermind

38 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I know quite a few 49ers fans that are in a Football group I quit a few months ago who can go fuck themselves. Kind of wish I was still in it to go read their whining, excuse making, and conspiracy theory/NFL is rigged garbage. 

I knew going into the game that our secondary would struggle. Spent way too much money on the Frontline and not enough on cornerbacks. I would much rather have a shut down corner then Chase Young. And we had been having issues with offensive play calling pretty much all season. Shanahan gets in his head too much and doesn't stick with the run game enough. No excuse or whining from me, as frustrating as it is.

23 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I knew going into the game that our secondary would struggle. Spent way too much money on the Frontline and not enough on cornerbacks. I would much rather have a shut down corner then Chase Young. And we had been having issues with offensive play calling pretty much all season. Shanahan gets in his head too much and doesn't stick with the run game enough. No excuse or whining from me, as frustrating as it is.

The reason I said what I said is because the Football group I was in had a LOT of arrogant, obnoxious fans in it. But the 49ers fans were by far the worst (two in particular especially), actually more irritating than the Eagles ones. Everyone was also heavily biased and insulting to the Cowboys fans in the group, even the realists like me. 

I quit basically because a large amount of posters in the group had the brain cells OF a football. 

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

I don't know anything about Mahomes other than when I see him win the super bowl once a year. Why do you all think he is a dick? Is he actually a bad guy or is it more that you just find him annoying?

He's annoying. All I see on Facebook is how great Mahomes is. Piss on Patrick Mahomes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

I don't know anything about Mahomes other than when I see him win the super bowl once a year. Why do you all think he is a dick? Is he actually a bad guy or is it more that you just find him annoying?

The people around him are extremely annoying. Like his family are born on third base, think they hit a triple types. He's less so, minus your standard whining on the field.

25 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

I think he catches strays because his brother is annoying.

44 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

I think it's just that he's very successful, in the main. As far as problematic sportspeople go, Mahomes doesn't seem to be one of them.

• Like 2

Yeah he's not problematic at all off the field. It's been the very steady increase in his arrogant and entitled comments whenever things don't go his way, and the perception that he is ridiculously overprotected by referees. This season especially his arrogance and obnoxiousness was on full display because of the Chiefs having a string of defeats.

• Like 3

It's been a thing throughout sporting history that the best players over time wind up getting additional help from the refs.  In some ways it's human nature.  If it's a close call, wouldn't you assume one of the best players in the league was probably right?  The NFL takes it even further with the way they protect QBs but it's other sports too, it's why the best NBA players will get favorable foul decisions, why the best MLB pitchers might get an extra inch on the strike zone, etc.

Over time, these players definitely start to figure out they get some more wiggle room that others don't have.  But it's always sort of an unspoken thing.  Where a lot of people "turned" on Mahomes was when he moaned about the offsides call in the Bills game in December.  His comments very much made him sound like someone who expected preferential treatment he'd gotten used to and was annoyed he didn't get it.

• Like 1

At least Mahomes is nowhere near Aaron Rodgers level of douchebaggery/assholish behavior. Yet a lot of people still love Rodgers. My guess? They're all mostly conservatives. (Who are all assholes.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

SF players not knowing the new OT rules is pretty damning on the coaching staff. I still think they should've received to start OT since their D had just been out there, but it's definitely bad optics.

The Chiefs’ overtime plan worked out exactly how they had hoped—and it wasn’t by accident. Kansas City safety Justin Reid told The Ringer that the Chiefs had first discussed the new overtime rules as far back as training camp. Defensive lineman Chris Jones told me players were prepared for what to expect if the Super Bowl went to overtime.

“We talked through this for two weeks,” Jones said. “How we was going to give the ball to the opponent; if they scored, we was going for two at the end of the game. We rehearsed it.”

And by contrast

Shanahan said he wanted to ensure they'd get the ball a 2nd time in sudden death which I'd understand except I think the scenarios where it would've played out that way are a lot less than he thought.  If they managed to have the Chiefs at 4th and long in FG territory then maybe they send Butker out to tie it and go to sudden death but anything remotely close they were gonna go for it.  And, as Chris Jones said, they were always going for 2 if it came to it.  Because of course they would, when you have Mahomes you'd rather win or lose with him out there.

I don't care how tired the defense was, putting Mahomes in an situation where he was in automatic 4-down territory was never going to end well.

• Like 2

• Lineker unfeatured and locked this topic