NFL 2022

Lineker

One thing that was clear when this HOF class was announced was that they were trying to clear out the backlog of players who had been waiting for ages.  Fans called it a "weak" class which is not fair as they're all deserving...but it's a bunch of great football players without any real marquee, household names, and with no clear headliner among them.

NFL hasn't exactly helped that perception as this is easily the least they've ever hyped an induction ceremony in ages.  For about a decade they've started the ceremony around 6/7 PM on a Saturday with an eye towards the headliner being on primetime.  This year they've just thrown it on at noon.

Wentz in mid-season form

• Admin

Running back Kareem Hunt, who is seeking a contract extension, has requested a trade from the Cleveland Browns, but the team has privately declined that request, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Hunt, who is in the final year of a two-year, $12 million deal, had missed team drills the past two practices but returned to them on Sunday.

The news of Hunt's trade demand was first reported by Cleveland.com.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski declined comment Sunday when asked about Hunt's trade request.

"I'm not going to get into really anything that has to do with our players and conversations," he said.

Stefanski also said he "won't get into that" when asked whether Hunt would be fined for sitting out team drills.

Hunt's situation adds more turmoil for the Browns, who are waiting to see how long quarterback Deshaun Watson will be suspended for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Watson was suspended for six games by disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson on Monday, but the NFL appealed the ruling Wednesday, seeking a tougher penalty.

Hunt, 27, has been productive during his three seasons for Cleveland, but he missed nine games last season with calf and ankle injuries and finished with 386 yards and five touchdowns, finishing third on the team in rushing behind Nick Chubb (1,259 yards) and D'Ernest Johnson (534). Hunt led the Browns with 11 touchdowns (six rushing, five receiving) in 2020.

Hunt, who led the NFL in rushing as a rookie with the Chiefs in 2017, when he had 1,327 yards, was released by Kansas City a year later after video surfaced of him shoving and kicking a woman. He signed with the Browns in 2019 and was suspended for the first eight games of that season for violating the personal conduct policy.

Much as I don't want to put too much focus on practice reports...just about every beat writer and Giants blogger has talked about how awful Jones looks, that he's still making the kind of a mistakes you'd expect out of a rookie.

I sense he's going to have a very short leash this year and if the team gets off to a bad start for the umpteenth year in a row and Jones is playing poorly, Daboll will make the move to Tyrod to see if anything can be salvaged.  But it'll be even more clear then that the Giants will be aggressive in trying to draft the QB of the future come April.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Much as I don't want to put too much focus on practice reports...just about every beat writer and Giants blogger has talked about how awful Jones looks, that he's still making the kind of a mistakes you'd expect out of a rookie.

I sense he's going to have a very short leash this year and if the team gets off to a bad start for the umpteenth year in a row and Jones is playing poorly, Daboll will make the move to Tyrod to see if anything can be salvaged.  But it'll be even more clear then that the Giants will be aggressive in trying to draft the QB of the future come April.

Yeah that leash has to be so short for Jones...sounds like Tyrod already is getting 1st team reps today as a "message sending" to Jones. Giving a healthy Tyrod a chance with a healthy Barkley, a rejuvenated Golladay, support from Sheppard and Wan'Dale Robinson - they could have something going. They could use a real strong tight end - maybe RSJ becomes that guy?

40 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Maybe just give Daniel Jones a few more seasons to really figure it out, you know?

• Haha 2

I had read a report that Golladay wasn't looking too good, but maybe that's because of the dude throwing him the ball. 

I'm pretty damn excited for Hard Knocks, I think the NFL world is going to really dig Jamal Williams, our RB #2, he's a great personality. 

Actually cautiously optimistic about this season, I still expect we miss the playoffs but I think we've got some nice pieces in motion right now. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Yeah that leash has to be so short for Jones...sounds like Tyrod already is getting 1st team reps today as a "message sending" to Jones. Giving a healthy Tyrod a chance with a healthy Barkley, a rejuvenated Golladay, support from Sheppard and Wan'Dale Robinson - they could have something going. They could use a real strong tight end - maybe RSJ becomes that guy?

I can't bank on RSJ much given he's missed pretty much every practice already to injury.  But yeah even though fans have low expectations this year, we aren't gonna want to waste a year watching Jones if he clearly doesn't show anything.  Tyrod having a big preseason might even get people clamoring for him to start week 1, though all indications are it's not actually a competition.

27 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I had read a report that Golladay wasn't looking too good, but maybe that's because of the dude throwing him the ball. 

Objectively had had to have one of the worst marquee free agent first seasons ever.  If you were to tell me when he signed that he'd have zero touchdowns all year that it'd have to have been a major injury.  But the Giants offense was completely inept under both Garrett and Judge.  He's supposed to be great at contested balls and yet there were many games they didn't look his direction, probably didn't help that Jones was so often running for his life.

The videos of him in practice don't look great but I refuse to believe they aren't going to be able to script a better offense that plays towards Kenny's skillsets.  Not that I trust Jones to actually run it.

• Admin
2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I'm pretty damn excited for Hard Knocks, I think the NFL world is going to really dig Jamal Williams, our RB #2, he's a great personality. 

Actually cautiously optimistic about this season, I still expect we miss the playoffs but I think we've got some nice pieces in motion right now. 

Oh and on the Giants - I could definitely see Jimmy G taking some snaps there before the season is out.

Unless the Giants can get Jimmy G for a low round pick I doubt they move any assets worth keeping in a rebuild. 

I'm just hoping the Giants are relevant when I see them in Jacksonville - and that game is in October. >_>