NFL 2022

Lineker

Madden released today.  Too bad it's been out for a week with people with early access and, unsurprisingly, the consensus was that the gameplay is still trash.  Even NFL players have been talking about how garbage it is (again).

Don't have a tremendous amount of faith that NCAA will live up to the hype next year if the gameplay is using the same engine :( 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Madden released today.  Too bad it's been out for a week with people with early access and, unsurprisingly, the consensus was that the gameplay is still trash.  Even NFL players have been talking about how garbage it is (again).

Don't have a tremendous amount of faith that NCAA will live up to the hype next year if the gameplay is using the same engine :( 

Come on there’s only so much you can do in a yearly release, it’s not like a yearly sports game could add a mode where you can start your franchise in the 80s, 90s, 2000s or current day, and have period specific logos, presentation and rosters and draft classes.  Oh wait…

I say all this with a copy of Madden sitting on my coffee table, I am part of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I say all this with a copy of Madden sitting on my coffee table, I am part of the problem.

Not gonna lie, I have a level of temptation.  I haven't gotten a Madden in 4 years but it sounds like they made actual, meaningful progress on franchise upgrades for the first time in a long while.  Moreover, getting a new console I feel like I'll want to get one of every sports game before long, just on principle.

If I don't get it this year I probably will next year if NCAA classes can be imported to Madden again.  I'm a sucker for having a gigantic football world going on across two games.

5 hours ago, CM Busch said:

I wont lie, I love Madden 22 and play it like crazy. I'll probably convert to the new one.

Mind you, I'm a coward and I play it on easy and win 80-0 with the Lions against everyone lol.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I wont lie, I love Madden 22 and play it like crazy. I'll probably convert to the new one.

Mind you, I'm a coward and I play it on easy and win 80-0 with the Lions against everyone lol.

Back in the day (meaning early-mid 2000s), I used to play in easy mode just to see how bad I could run up the score. My biggest win was something like 120-3, as the Cowboys or Titans. I forget which. And the 3 was only because I showed mercy and let them get into field goal range once. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Back in the day (meaning early-mid 2000s), I used to play in easy mode just to see how bad I could run up the score. My biggest win was something like 120-3, as the Cowboys or Titans. I forget which. And the 3 was only because I showed mercy and let them get into field goal range once. 

Sometimes it is really fun, especially when I'm playing the Packers. 

• Like 2

Can't remember what year of Madden it was, but I traded 10 time Super Bowl winning Carson Wentz to the Jags for multiple first round picks.  By point in time, he was pushing 40, was so slow he'd look at a glacier and say "Slow down speedy!" and would talk about the "strong arm" of Chad Pennington.

While I never achieved it, I was always trying to see if I could get all the first round picks in the draft.  Closest I ever got by cheesing the AI was, I think, 10 or 11 picks in the first round

• Haha 3

Yeah they were (rightfully) unimpressed with Mond vs SF and the OC has said they want a backup QB in the room who is going to help the starting QB so they must feel Mullens is going to be good at that whereas there are rumors Mond isn't (at least at this point). My guess is they cut Sean Mannion and go with Cousins, Mullens, and Mond and hope Mond picks up the same work ethic in the QB room as the other two and develops his skills on the field more

Glad Thibs' injury isn't as significant as I feared it was when I saw it.  Zero reason for guys to be doing cut blocks anymore, let alone in a preseason game.

Unfortunately they also lost rookie Darrian Beavers for the year to a torn ACL, he was looking like he could force his way into a starting role fairly quickly.  He becomes the second member of the Giants' rookie draft class to tear their ACL this year.

Giants and Jets seem to consistently lead the league in non-contact knee injuries and yet the owners will swear up and down there's nothing wrong with the artificial MetLife turf.

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Tyron Smith tore his hamstring completely off the bone and will reportedly miss most of/the entire season.

fa0d4fd487ff02f15e4f5b753f2e292e.gif

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, damhausen said:

Tyron Smith tore his hamstring completely off the bone and will reportedly miss most of/the entire season.

Of course YOU break this news. In fact, you probably broke his hamstring.