2024 NFL Draft

Lineker

The Falcons do have some pieces already.  If Fields is legit, he'd be pretty helpful there.

I was hoping the Patriots would try and scoop him up.  Not sure if it would take a 2nd or 3rd, but I rather use the draft capital on Fields than picking a QB at 3 and hoping Drake Maye is the answer.

I'm not opposed to trading out of 3, picking up an extra first rounder, and then let someone like Penix or Nix sit behind Jacoby Brissett for a year or two.  New England's roster is so barren on offense, you need basically everything.  QB, high end receivers, an offensive line, probably another RB.  You can't pick a QB at 3 and just throw him out there immediately. 

With only 5 modern era HOFers getting in per year it's hard to ever really know who will be a first ballot HOFer outside of QBs.  But "best of all time at your position" usually pulls some heavy weight in the selection meeting, plus he'll likely be an even bigger media name by then which will also help.  Very good chance he'll go straight in with the class of 2029.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

With only 5 modern era HOFers getting in per year it's hard to ever really know who will be a first ballot HOFer outside of QBs.  But "best of all time at your position" usually pulls some heavy weight in the selection meeting, plus he'll likely be an even bigger media name by then which will also help.  Very good chance he'll go straight in with the class of 2029.

Knowing multiple Eagles fans he is also more or less Mr. Eagles now. While not the greatest player the franchise has ever had (Reggie White in a runaway) he seems to be the most beloved among the all-time greats. I do think that also has some sway with certain voters.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

People are acting like he was awful last year but the numbers tell a mostly different story.

I almost wonder if he's coach-dependant though. Those numbers came under Sean Payton, who is known as a pretty damn decent coach and his best years were under Pete Carroll, another pretty damn decent coach. 

His worst year was under Nathaniel Hackett, an awful coach. 

Incredibly curious how he does under a mid coach. 

6 minutes ago, LL! said:

I almost wonder if he's coach-dependant though. Those numbers came under Sean Payton, who is known as a pretty damn decent coach and his best years were under Pete Carroll, another pretty damn decent coach. 

Wilson to Dallas?

1 hour ago, LL! said:

He might wind up playing for a top-tier coach if he goes to Pittsburgh.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Who needs a quarterback, cap space, or draft picks? Not us.

Can I interest you in a UFL team?

• Haha 1