2024 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

I'm just having how all these reports are out about the Darnold signing with the language "found the replacement for Kirk Cousins"...like dont get me wrong, ill be rooting for him no doubt, but he is such an uninspiring move at QB. 

• Like 2

No sport sees players going straight to a division rival more than the NFL.  Not really surprising given the familiarity these teams have with rival players but yeah, it does get annoying.

Even when you make what you feel is the right call in letting someone go, when they go straight to a division rival you can pencil them in for an anytime TD score next meeting.

31 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Speaking of players going to a division rival, I'm really hoping Danielle Hunter ends up on the Bears.

Don't you put that voodoo on me, Ricky Bobby!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, LL! said:

Sooo in a "You can't quit, you're fired move!" The Texans are trading for Joe Mixon who was expected to get cut. 

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa (1).jpg

Could be that they didn't want to get into a bidding war. Though I'd have to wonder what the compensation is.

9 hours ago, DMN in the House said:

I've never worn a jersey unless I was playing a sport, it's a little weird to me, tbh.

I think it's fine if you're going to a game. Out in the wild though I think I agree with you. Like my dad bought me a Matt Forte jersey years ago and I've only ever worn it at actual games

My stepson got a Jason Kelce Eagles jersey for Christmas (aka toilet paper, as far I'm concerned). 

Well, he does have a collection of classic jerseys. :lol: (Mostly basketball. His only other football one is a OBJ Browns jersey.)

• Admin
58 minutes ago, LL! said:

Sooo in a "You can't quit, you're fired move!" The Texans are trading for Joe Mixon who was expected to get cut. 

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa (1).jpg

Given the spike in RB contracts yesterday, taking on the current contract may cost less (in cash).

Sensible. Especially if you have a bunch of extra tail-end picks to play with.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Given the spike in RB contracts yesterday, taking on the current contract may cost less (in cash).

Sensible. Especially if you have a bunch of extra tail-end picks to play with.

You don't have to make excuses for the Texans anymore. You don't follow them!

And, well, the Cowboys have once again waited too long to take advantage of a market and we don't get to have any real top tier upgrades at RB. Hoping for Dobbins?

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I think it's fine if you're going to a game. Out in the wild though I think I agree with you. Like my dad bought me a Matt Forte jersey years ago and I've only ever worn it at actual games

Honestly, and this is gonna sound so dumb, but I think it's just a hold over from when I was in HS playing football and decided 'I don't need to wear anyone else's jersey when I have my own', lol. I don't care if anyone else does, although, I agree, wearing the to games (or like a bar on gameday, that sort of thing) is really the only 'right' place.

I've thought about collecting classic Raiders jerseys, I've always kind of wanted a Howie Long, but I just don't think I'd ever wear it. Now, if I could just get the Raiders Starter Jacket I've wanted for 30+ years, lol.

• Like 3

I only own two Giants jerseys.  I'll wear a jersey when I go to my dad's to watch a game or go to a viewing party but that's it.  I'd wear one to an actual game but MetLife is terrible so I've no interest in going to a game in-person.  My two jerseys are a home Justin Tuck jersey and a road Eli SB46 jersey.  Both jerseys are in good condition, including the Tuck one which is 16 years old now.

As long as they stay in good condition there's no reason for me to get another one but if I did it would be a team legend, not a current player since guys move around so much.  As long as Tuck or Eli don't do anything terrible they'll always be a safe wear.

1 hour ago, LL! said:

You don't have to make excuses for the Texans anymore. You don't follow them!

And, well, the Cowboys have once again waited too long to take advantage of a market and we don't get to have any real top tier upgrades at RB. Hoping for Dobbins?

Hoping for Dobbins fresh out of college maybe.  Pretty sure @gunnar hendershow isn’t sad to see him leave Baltimore.

We re-signed our long snapper.  Starting to think Jerry saying we’re All In meant he’s planning on visiting Wembley this summer.

• Haha 2